Leaky Axle Seal-FIXED!!!!

• So I brought the KJ in for service this morning because the right front axle shaft was leaking and it is still covered by the warranty. I made this appointment last week and told them exactly what was wrong and that it needed a new axle seal on the passenger side. So I just called them at 2:30 this afternoon and they said they had to order the part but they cannot get it until Friday because it is under warranty. If it wasnt covered by warranty they could have the part tommorrow and I could have the Jeep back by Weds evening. :upset:

So I have no vehicle to drive. I have to borrow a company car(thanks to a very generous boss) and if the work is not completed on time Friday I will not get the KJ back until Tuesday because of the Holiday. :mad:

I dont know if I can go that long without my Jeep. :sad:

• That's unacceptable. I'd complain to the manager. Why should warrantee work have lower priority? You prepaid for the work by buying the warrantee.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Does it have something to do with part :shrug: I mean since it is still under warranty, have to put in original parts vs not being under warranty can get it from Nappa?? Don't know, just trying to figure out dealership logic :doh:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Quote from "ying"

Does it have something to do with part :shrug: I mean since it is still under warranty, have to put in original parts vs not being under warranty can get it from Nappa?? Don't know, just trying to figure out dealership logic :doh:

Actually it's more than likely that warranty work won't pay for special shipping on a part that's not stocked and will wait for the next order coming from the warehouse whereas if the vehicle was out of warranty and the customer's footing the bill that they'll next-day the part.

--Ian

• Well, I got a call last night about 5:30 pm saying my Jeep was fixed and ready to go. They got the part in yesterday morning and got it installed.

Really glad to have it back. I was really suffering from withdraw.

Thanks to Brandywine-Smyrna for their quick repair. They didn't give me any hassle about any of the mods as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!