new to DE.........

• Quote from "Rob Smith"

As for fishing... I have never been good at it, I havent been in years. I think I "set the hook" too hard and pull it right through the fish. I went when I was real young and was told "when you feel the bite yank the rod up as hard as you can"... and I still do that. I never catch anything but sticks and funky green stuff.

[/babble]

Common thing many are taught/learn as kids.

Most fish will hook themselves, but watch up and down the beach and you'd think a school of tuna had entered the surf.

Main thing is to keep reeling and keep the line tight.

Some fish like flounder will "taste" the bait first before eating it. Gotta wait for the second hit with them or you will put it right from him.

And yes, many fish have delicate "lips".

• moved to Off-Topic. It probably should have been moved before, but there's never anyone on the payroll here to do it. :shrug:

• Welcome to the club, new jeep chicks are always needed! Maybe one day we'll outnumber the guys on a run. I just have a stock 02 Wrangler X, with a bit of bling, as everyone keeps reminding me. :rolleyes:
    Look forward to seeing you on a trail!

• Welcome to the club, new jeep chicks are always needed! Maybe one day we'll outnumber the guys on a run. I just have a stock 02 Wrangler X, with a bit of bling, as everyone keeps reminding me. :rolleyes:
    Look forward to seeing you on a trail!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!