new to DE.........

• Quote from "wranglergirl02X"

are there any trails in DE? i am near the beach...rehoboth... any help??
    thank you!

Welcome to DE. :wavey: Where did you come from ?

There really isn't much in DE as far as legal trails.

Several of us here at the beach like to fish and drive on the beach. It's kinda mild wheeling, but very relaxing. Let us know if you'd like to join in.
    You will need a surf tag to drive on the beach.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

• I wheel in my driveway a lot. Its paved.. and flat.. much like the rest of delaware, but convenient since I live here. If you all want to take turns on it, let me know.

• i know, there are no stupid questions.... but ya'll are so sweet for welcoming me aboard!!
    if i have 31-10-50/15's on my girl, what the h*ll does all that mean??? :shrug:

i know, there are no stupid questions.... but ya'll are so sweet for welcoming me aboard!!

That would be your tire size. 31" tall, 10.5" wide on a 15" rim. HTH.
    Aaron

i know, there are no stupid questions.... but ya'll are so sweet for welcoming me aboard!!

Tire diameter (height) is 31 inches. Tire width is 10.5 inches. Rim (wheel) diameter is 15 inches.

• Welcome to DeJA :wavey:

There's no legal wheeling in Delaware. As the downstaters have mentioned, there's surf fishing on the beach. You have to actually fish, though, which takes the fun out of it for me!

We do trail rides once to twice a month. We usually head up to the Poconos, either to Paragon Adventure Park (http://www.paragonap.com) or Rausch Creek (http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com). These are parks dedicated to off-roading, with a variety ot trails for all skill (and equipment) levels. Both of these are about 2 hours from me (North Wilmington), so four hours or so for you. We will be at Rausch Creek both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend, so you can break the long drive over two days.

We also have had spring and fall trips to George Washington National Forest, which is directed to stock vehicles and novice drivers. That's usually a 2 to 3 day trip, about 3 to 4 hours from your home. There is already a thread set up in the Trail Rides and Gatherings Forum, check it out.

We love to see new jeeps and new jeepers on the trail. If you have not wheeled before, we have a lot of experienced members who would be happy to help you learn. Feel free to ask any questions, regardless of how stupid they may seem.

We hope to see you on the trails soon.

Again, welcome to DeJA! :wavey:

• Good to have you. I'm sure some of the other Lady club members are glad you came along.

Hope to meet you soon :peace: :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "BDLSTOY"

I'm sure some of the other Lady club members are glad you came along.

Absolutely! We can always use a few more chick Jeepers around here. The guys ALWAYS outnumber us by a LOT! Welcome to the club! :up:

• Quote from "Icky"

Absolutely! We can always use a few more chick Jeepers around here. The guys ALWAYS outnumber us by a LOT! Welcome to the club! :up:

Yeah, we need more sensible thinking women to keep us guys in check when we lose sight of reality. :laughing:

Welcome aboard. If you are new to off roading I would advise you ride shot gun with another member first to get a good "feel" for it. The surf fishing group is a good way to meet up with members as well. They're a good group of people.

And always remember, when it comes to modifications, ask opinions before you buy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

Yeah, we need more sensible thinking women to keep us guys in check when we lose sight of reality. :laughing:

The surf fishing group is a good way to meet up with members as well. They're a good group of people.

:wavey: Welcome-I'm in Rehoboth too. Like Slimer said, the DeJA South Surf Fishing Team (j/k) is a lot of fun. Very laid back and we usually don't schedule things way ahead (except for the annual fishing tournament).

[size=18px]FISHY LINK[/size]
    and

HERE
    and

HERE

Come join us, we have fun even if we don't catch fish. :rollsmile:

BTW-Thanks for the compliment John. :heart:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• I met another new female member in the Best Buy parking lot this week. She has a gold Sahara, and two cute sons... "geckogirl" I think she said.

I was in the company Durango, so I give her props for saying hello to a stranger in an unmarked vehicle. Sorry if it was sketchy, I'm harmless.

DrJ

• That was my neighbor Kelly. She has not been on the board due to no internet but came to a meeting with my wife and I a few month ago and joined. Will be on the beach Sat., check out the fishing link in off topic.

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!