double monkey?

• well today while heading north on rt.1 near the walmart in rehobeth/midway area i happen to see keith with the dark tan sahara and jen with the yellow TJ i have my doors off so i waved to the fullest extent......but no wave in return and they were standing still stopped by beach traffic.......and then when i get home mel93yj tells me they didnt wave to her either......she was about 2 minutes behind me so is this a quadruple double monkey? :shrug: [/b]

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Quote from "Urbancrawler22"

well today while heading north on rt.1 near the walmart in rehobeth/midway area i happen to see keith with the dark tan sahara and jen with the yellow TJ i have my doors off so i waved to the fullest extent......but no wave in return and they were standing still stopped by beach traffic.......and then when i get home mel93yj tells me they didnt wave to her either......she was about 2 minutes behind me so is this a quadruple double monkey? :shrug: [/b]

Like I have said many times, that stretch of RT1 should be a safe zone.

There are 8 or 9 lanes of traffic for most of the stretch from Five Points to the entrance to Rehoboth. Southbound traffic on a Saturday afternoon is bumper-to-bumper, stop & go and it would be insane and dangerous to take your eyes off the vehicles in front of you for even a second.

I didn't see either of them heading north, because I wasn't watching that side of the highway.

And also, can't have a double monkey. That's been discussed many times before.

• Yeah, what he said!
    :tsk:

• Quote from "jc1121"

Yeah, what he said!
    :tsk:

I would like to mention also that Jen was behind me, so If I was monkied it was only for a split second until Jen became the new monkey.

Sorry Jen, every man for himself when it comes to being the monkey. :laughing:

• Quote from "Keith_C"

I would like to mention also that Jen was behind me, so If I was monkied it was only for a split second until Jen became the new monkey.

Sorry Jen, every man for himself when it comes to being the monkey. :laughing:

That is so wrong in SO many different ways! :crazy:

:lbulb: Next time I'm behind you I'll be sure to watch the other side...you can just radio me when you're gonna stop and I'll try not to hit you :mrgreen:

• Man that is such a cop out
    take ur monkey like a man
    (if just for the split second u were)
    HOWEVER cant argue with the fact that jen was last
    so rightfuly should be the monkey (again)( haha)
    I say guilty :tdown:

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

Man that is such a cop out
    take ur monkey like a man
    (if just for the split second u were)
    HOWEVER cant argue with the fact that jen was last
    so rightfuly should be the monkey (again)( haha)
    I say guilty :tdown:

Now Pot...you know your vote doesn't count...do we really have to go through this again?

If I remember correctly, Kevin doesn't have a member sticker on his jeep so his monkey doesn't count.

I'm gonna take the monkey for not waving to Mel since I was stopped at a light but I'm thinking we need to add a rule that RT 1, from 5pts to south Dewey, during the summer is off limits along with I95 and 495. There is way too much bumper to bumper traffic and tourons walking across the road to be looking on the other side of the highway. Unless I'm behind Kettle aka Keith....in which I will actively look for jeeps while waiting to hear over the CB that he's gonna stop.

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

well aince i have my sticker on it does count
    :rasp: :rasp: :laughing: :laughing:

Just because your sticker is on the window of the full door sitting in your garage does not mean your vote counts :tsk:

Married to a man that is both slow _and_ stupid...

Edited once, last by ().

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Like I have said many times, that stretch of RT1 should be a safe zone.

There are 8 or 9 lanes of traffic for most of the stretch from Five Points to the entrance to Rehoboth. Southbound traffic on a Saturday afternoon is bumper-to-bumper, stop & go and it would be insane and dangerous to take your eyes off the vehicles in front of you for even a second.

I took a trip to the beach yesterday.
    I will admit Keith you do have a point here. in this type of traffic you need to be able to pay closer attention to the car ahead of you than you do waving at other Jeeps.

BBD is using his super powers to make a rule change.
    The area along Rt. 1 from 5 points Lewes to the canal bridge in Rehoboth is now a monkey free zone.

[size=9px]Sorry this offer is not retroactive or valid with any other offers implied or inferred.[/size]

• Hey Joe - what about Dewey Beach? Going through there is worse than the other part of Rte. 1. Not only do you have to watch the traffic, you have to watch the drunks and bicyclists on the side of the road. Oh, and don't forget checking your speedometer every two seconds in between scans for DBPD rent-a-cops. :roll:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Gezee thes down staters!
    You think they want all of Sussex county a no tag zone.

:laughing:

All right I'll push it bact to the end of the Dewey Beach
    town limits but only on RT 1 :wavey:

• Quote from "SarasGP"

Hey Joe - what about Dewey Beach? Going through there is worse than the other part of Rte. 1. Not only do you have to watch the traffic, you have to watch the drunks and bicyclists on the side of the road. Oh, and don't forget checking your speedometer every two seconds in between scans for DBPD rent-a-cops. :roll:

Not to mention B I K I N I S :grin:

• Quote from "BBD"

BBD is using his super powers to make a rule change.
    The area along Rt. 1 from 5 points Lewes to the canal bridge in Rehoboth is now a monkey free zone.

Thanks Joe. They'll be an extra $20 in this week's envelope.

• I agree that the whole area down here is full of crazy drivers and people everywhere! The only reason I saw you guys is because there was no one going north everyone was going south... :hmm: I wonder why. and by the way when I saw you Keith was behind Jen... :laughing:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!