Things you've lost out of your Jeep with the top down.

• Dont you hate cruising down 273 or rt 1 and seeing something you forgot to secure take flight and sail away?

I lost my original window sticker....I wanted to keep that as a souveneir.

I lost a lot papers which werent important, but it makes me look like a litterer to people behind me.

Ive come close to losing my gym membership card a couple of times but have grabbed it. Plastic cards actually seem to hold pretty well.

I am sure I've lost other things I dont even know about.

• ive lost a few important receipts and boxes, one paragon trail flag and half of the pole(snapped off at about 70mph on rt. 1) a couple hats and gloves, a few cd's a criminal justice text book and some homework :down: im sure ive lost a few other things i forgot about....but not as bad as my friend who lost a toyota mk3 supra targa top on the highway :doh:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Well I just got my Wrangler a few weeks ago but already I've lost some lids on cups, my State Park admission ticket they gave me flew out the minute I put it on the dash, some plastic bags and a batting glove.

• cell phone, backpack. not sure how the backpack got out..but it did.....

also my registration. was in the glove box but on top...guess there is a little wrap around wind behind there...saw something fly(as everytime i go topless)

• My daughter lost her hat and I had to bang a U turn in the middle of downtown Camden to go back and get it :down: That's pretty much it. I make sure everything is put away or weighted down before I take off.

• Well there is the usual dumb stuff, like papers and junk... but I almost lost a passenger! :(

One of my sisters girl friends was at a friend of mines party and had too much to drink. She drove to the party. She wanted to go home and couldn't drive. There were a lot of people she didn't know that were hitting on her all night and of corse they all wanted to take her home. She didn't trust them, and I don't blame her... some of 'em are creeps, so I offered to take her home. Once loaded into the Jeep, that was funny too, she assured me she had her seatbelt on, and we left. First sharp left hand turn and she damned near went flying out of the Jeep! someone's a lier when they are drunk! Needless to say after that I always physically check the passengers seatbelt to make sure they have it on and properly.

Some people deserve to get squished, but she was real cute! ;)

• Lets see, I've lost; tickets, park passes, work papers, letters, a hat, a shirt, coffe lids, id card, food, money. And one time when it was parked, magically I lost a radio, cell hone, camera, a wallet, registration form, and some cd's.
    Other than that keeping my top down has always been a fun experiance.

• I've had a hat blow off my head, almost had a seat cover blow off the seat, almost lost a jacket or two, and I DID lose directions to a house I was in the process of going to. The page ripped right out of the note pad as I picked it up. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Has anyone had soft top windows stolen right off the jeep? Im kinda waiting for that to happen...except mine are so scratched up already that i doubt anyone would want it.

Oh, and i seem to lose change ALL the time when parked in Philly.

• Many times i had my cellphone/wallet on the upper console and the doors off and not thinking took a turn a little too hard and they would go flying out of the door and land in the middle of the street.

FUN

• I had my CD case laying open on the passenger seat with doors off. Of course I just had to find that one CD, then as I am looking I had to make a sharp left hand turn. Next thing I know there are all my CDs rolling down the road getting smashed and scratched all to pieces. Very expensive lesson learned!

• I had just gotten the jeep, took of the doors...and I had my EZ pass on the top of the dash, cuz I didnt want to mount it on the window, I wanted a bumper pass...so I have it there and I get a fire call...well at Marlpit and 13 I took a turn real fast to get to the firehouse and watched it fly out the car and onto 13...I slammed ont he breaks skid...got out of the car while it was still moving...grabbed the ezpass and chased after my car.....ALL THAT and I still made it to the firehouse on time to get on the truck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!