Need feedback on ZJ rear bumper.

• I finally, 6+ months after having sold her stock bumper, got a chance to make my wife a bumper for her ZJ. XJ99 asked my why we didn't make stuff for XK/ZJs and she has to get the truck inspected so I guess that was good motivation. I had been putting it off because I was not sure what I wanted to do with it so with some ideas from Kevin's Offroad and some other sources here is what I created:

Let me know what ya'll honestly think. I am thinking of filling in the side wings with sheetmetal before having it powdercoated, but wanted to let it grow on me a little before doing that.

Any opinions or ideas are welcome. Thanks for your help.

• deleted... :rolleyes: , I didnt say anything bad, sensitive button again hehe

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Edited once, last by ().

• damn zach that was quick, It honestly looks pretty damn good and the design is nice for throwing It together that quickly and making It fit the body angles that well, definatley Impressed, I personally for my XJ am more Into the box tubing type bumpers, but I guess for the "pre-runner" style bumper people thats pretty nice, any Idea what you would market that for? By the way, see what other people think but I think the sheet metal on the side wings would look good to cover up the frame/tub and such under there....good work :up:

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• I'm with the idea of filling between the tubes with some sort of sheet metal, maybe diamond plating. I would rather have the squared off box style bumpers on my Grand. But like Josh said, its pretty nice for a tube bumper.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• The wings will be filled before powdercoat--I agree it needs it. I would love to be able to work with plate steel and do a formed bumper, but I do not have ready access to a press brake and fitting and welding all those joints would be a pain. I could easily do a box tube one, though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!