CB RADIO ANTENNA

• Don't try to drill a bumperette. They are hardened steel. It's like drilling a leaf spring. I used my spare tire bump stop and it holds it up high and works perfect.

Steve (10-4)

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Quote from "quadna71"

from what i heard about tuning cb's for more power...it only really helps in the x-mitting department. nothing is boosted as far as reception goes. so that long lost person at the staging area may hear you - but you'd never hear them unless they have their cb tuned for more power as well.
    chris (maybe way off :shrug: )

I believe you are correct. I can get out pretty far. But in order to hear someone else they would also have to have a decent setup. Thats why I mentioned that its a good idea to have it set up for distance, if you don't use the distance a lot thats fine, but its nice to know you can be heard if something comes up and you need to be.

• UPDATE! Alright so I got everything installed...even the antenna....and I go to wire it up in the glove box and it got harder then I thought it would be. I've been informed by Keithe that after 2003 the got rid of the "accessory" wires in the glove box. Well now I have to dig in and find the accesory wires. I was going to do it into the back of the radio. My friend said to me just ground the wire...then take the one end and stick it in a fuse with another one. I just want something more permanent.....haha this has been a fun first install...

So what do you all think? Find the accesory cable coming out of th eback of the radio or something of that sort.

Is there any way I get get the wiring diagram of the schematics of an 05? I am going to the dealership tommorow morning for my 6000 mile service so I will be asking them the same questions....hopefully I will get an honest answer.

• lol.........
    yeah mine is like that
    or am i that freind? :laughing:
    wired into the glove box
    but i need to change that
    and run the power wire to the power distrubution center
    under the hood
    i have seen a fuse adapter the u pull a a fuse
    then plug this adapter in with the stock fuse
    and then run ur power wire to it
    just dont know where to get it

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

i have seen a fuse adapter the u pull a a fuse
    then plug this adapter in with the stock fuse
    and then run ur power wire to it
    just dont know where to get it

Click Here for the Link

they're called fuse taps and are available at radio shack for pretty cheap. i ran my power wire out of the inside and into the engine compartment and is hooked directly to the battery. the ground also goes into the engine compartment and is connected to a bolt about 6" from the battery.
    chris

• only thing i have aganst fuse taps.....

when you use them it spreads the connection at the fuse. if you ever remove the fuse tap you will end up having a fuse that dosent clip in place...throws sparks..and catches things on fire (happened to me once...not in the jeep)

if you dont plan on removing them they are fine. pepboys sells fuseable taps that plug into the fuse location. they have a wire that comes off of them to hook up to a source... work great..but they are about 8 bucks

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

only thing i have aganst fuse taps.....

when you use them it spreads the connection at the fuse. if you ever remove the fuse tap you will end up having a fuse that dosent clip in place...throws sparks..and catches things on fire (happened to me once...not in the jeep)

if you dont plan on removing them they are fine. pepboys sells fuseable taps that plug into the fuse location. they have a wire that comes off of them to hook up to a source... work great..but they are about 8 bucks

yeah that is i one i was refering too
    just didnt know who had them
    never seen them in person just a few times they were mentioned on the rof

• In my 03 I had to run a wire through a grommet behind the brake pedal into the engine area and back over to my battery. I can show you on Saturday if you want.

• I dont know if this question has already been asked. Mainly because i dont feel like reading right now but where would the best place be in the dover area to buy a cb antenna and have it tuned i am looking to getting a new cb and antenna for the GWNF trip.

• Quote from "One Stud TJ"

I dont know if this question has already been asked. Mainly because i dont feel like reading right now but where would the best place be in the dover area to buy a cb antenna and have it tuned i am looking to getting a new cb and antenna for the GWNF trip.

I highly recomend R&R up in Claymont...right off of 95.....but there not in Dover.

• could anyone help me with tuning mine? I'm not sure Its working right now, When I first got It I know It worked, but on the way home from RC last time, the group I was with could hear nothin when I tried to communicate, they Just heard a noise, I believe I was with Chris Hall, Ian, and Jason on the way home

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Josh - I had the same problem at PAP - I found out it was my radio. When I had it set to AUX to run my ipod - i could only transmit static - might be something to check into.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!