Need help this weekend....

• i would like to install my gears this weekend they are coming on friday, so i was wondering if anyone could help me, i am willing to pay but i want to learn how to do it so i want to be involved in the process and not just take it to a shop.

Fred i think that you said that their was a guy that you work with that could do the install, maybe he could help me out and i could help him.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• You could also check with Aaron (astape), or Brian Casper (MOPARTECH, who by the way just opened a shop). You can send a PM to either of them on the site.

For Brians new shop site, visit------->Holly Oak 4x4. You can email him from that site.

It's short notice for either, but it can't hurt to ask.

• i already talked to brian and i was hoping ot help out and do it in a day and he said he will need the jeep for 2 days.

Aaron i will shot you a pm

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• It will take aaron 2 days, he can psychically do It in 1 day, but Its to much trouble and he will have to rush....with the axles not pulled Its a 2 day Job....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• sorry wasnt tryin to speak on aarons behalf either, definatley talk to him and see what he can do but I spoke with him the other day about doing my gears and those were his words, plus he was backed up til october he mentioned...but good luck geting them done...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• ok thanks for the info guys fred let me know about that guy.

• Unless you are installing an arb or one of your more complicated lockers your ring and pinion install can be done in a short day with no trouble. Since you live in Dover I would recommend getting in touch with John Conrad he is in Lincoln 424-4041. He will let you help and is very reasonably priced (not to mention really good). I doubt he could help you on short notice though. Arron and Brian are really good as well.

• no locker just gears i dont have the cash for lockers and really dont want to put one in my 35. ok i will give him a call and see what he says thanks.

• Like artie says, if you traded your 4.10s for some 3.07s then you are out of luck. The 4.10 carriers would accept up to 4.88s but the 3.07 carriers that you have now will only take up to 3.55 in the front and 3.31 in the rear. Looks like you need carriers or lockers now...... :doh: Bad idea trading the 4.10s, unless you traded for 3.73s and then you are good to go

• If I remember correctly, he did trade for 3.73's, and I only think that because he was asking what gears I have in mine at the meeting, which is 3.73's.

• You really don't need to do both axles in the same day. Just don't do any wheeling until you get them both done, which shouldn't be a big issue.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i did get the 3.73's out of a sahara.
    slimer i never though of that you are a genious i could do the rear and then wait to do the front. thanks never though of that. :tup:

Being on a collge budget sucks :rasp:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!