Jeeps for Joy Memorial Toy Drive!

• Pat did get in touch with me, and he put me in touch with his aunt in Elsmere who runs Copy Craft. I've spoken with them, and sent some stuff over. They were very fast, and printed 11x17 color posters, color fliers, and black and white fliers for the Toy Drive. I'm picking them up tomorrow.

Thanks to Pat for the contact, they were great to deal with. :up:

• Wow...this is only a month away!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Paul,
    I work for Toll Brothers builders. if you can get me a black and white flier, i can copy it and hand it out to home owners and probably get money and toys from them. do you guys accept money or do you just want toys. i have mentioned it to some people and they seem interested.

some of our people have the green/need the write off, either way it will work.

Larry

• Larry

I can email you a flier. It will be color, do you have a way to make black and white copies of it?

OR

I can make some copies and try and get them to you one morning. Are you still working on Northstar Road? Or will you be at the meeting this Sunday?

I've sent you a PM as well.

Paul

• Just a reminder to everyone:

In the past we've encouraged everyone to go back to the Roadhouse for dinner, which I know many were not fond of that place. (they did have good bread though!) The place has changed over to a Ruby Tuesday, and the food is much better there! Also Vern, the manager, has been great. He's trying to get a banner to put up, at his cost!, and will put up posters and fliers for us. He's doing a lot to help promote this event, and I'd like to say thanks to him and Ruby Tuesday for doing so.

So, IF you can, plan on joining us back at Ruby Tuesday for dinner, and to end the day with friends, immediately after we drop off the donations at the hospital. And please post on the calendar if you are planning on coming to dinner, along with what day(s) you'll be at the Toy Drive.

[size=18px]I need a headcount of how many for dinner to let them know in advance![/size]

Thanks
    Paul

• My family and I are coming. (4) Total

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "wanderlust"

And please post on the calendar if you are planning on coming to dinner, along with what day(s) you'll be at the Toy Drive.

[size=18px]I need a headcount of how many for dinner to let them know in advance![/size]

Thanks
    Paul

Post it on the calendar, as Paul said.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yes, please go to the CALENDAR and post there what nights you'll be attending, and if you'll be coming to dinner on Saturday. I won't be checking these threads for counts.

• Just a though I had in my head, will the clubs RTI ramp be there? Or will this cause safety Issues with people outside the club wanting to use It? Just curious, I know the purpose of the event is to collect toys for the children. :question:

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• I'd like to have the ramp there, it would be a fun thing to do while we're waiting. But we have liability coverage now on this event, and the ramp will not be covered, so I don't think we should include it. We might have to save it for other events.

• I think It would be fun also Just to show off our Jeeps and their capabilities past the stock level, to get more of the general public drawn in to the club, I know most of the members know the deal with the ramp, Its pretty much play at your own risk and your responsible for your rig and what you do with It, even If It were a coned off area that a few people were assigned too, I am worried about people outside the club doing something unresponsible, and like you said were not covered on that type of thing...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• That's it exactly. It'd be great to have it there, but having Santa there this year (not to dismiss Fred's showing as Santa last year!), there's the chance there will be more kids running around. God forbid one wanders away from his parents and too close to the ramp at the wrong time.

The likelihood of it actually happening, very small at best. But I don't want to be responsible for it, and if something bad like that did happen, it would pretty much end the club and the Toy Drive.

I am sorry we won't have it there, but maybe the raffle items will keep people excited?

• raffles Items have me excited! are the Items or prizes through our 4x4 sponsors? AtoZ, Hollyoak, Quad, Inclined?

• Raffle items will be donated by Quadratec, 4WDHardware, and HollyOak4x4 (pending confirmation). Some cool stuff from what I've been told!

Inclined Vehicles, and AtoZ are sponsoring the event.

Raffle tickets will be sold to anyone that donates and wants to buy them. You don't need to be a Jeep owner to do the raffle, but most of the items are more or less Jeep related. Proceeds from the raffle tickets will go towards funding next years Toy Drive.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!