trails in ncc

• is there any place to off road in northern ncc? i've had this thing a couple of months and i'd like to see what it can do. i don't want to rock climb but it would be fun to play.

• When I did play it was stupid, I played in stupid places, and eventually when I realized and started reading online...that it was destroying the sport...by offroading in places that I should have been...

I was young and stupid...

Joo( still is young and stupid)

• No legal wheeling.

There is a trail ride at Rausch Creek in PA on November 5th. Check the Event Calendar. There are groups of all levels, and the easy trails are really easy. There are a few equipment requirements so read the DeJA links about trail equipment and visit Rausch Creek's website. You'll likely get it muddy, but not much else.

DrJ

• As mentioned above, as a club we do not recommend illegal wheeling at the C&D Canal, or on any private property, including construction sites, without express permission from the owner.

Your best bet, and the most fun, is coming along on a trail ride to either Rausch Creek or Paragon.

• Which I would highly recomend. It doesn't cost all the much to get the required equipment. I go in a BONE STOCK TJ and make it through a lot of the stuff, on stocker rides. I only got hung up once at RC...and that was because of stupid driving of me...

The clubwould be welcome to have you come join us!

• I got caught at the canal about 10 years ago, and it is alot worse than just getting pulled over by the cops, they completely stripped my truck, checked for guns, drugs, whatever they could find. Needless to say, that was the last time I went down there to go wheelin. Your best bet is to join the group go on the runs the group has.

• As I promised, I deleted Joo's quote and edited this post.

But let me make it clear, I have retired form Wheeling (My kids grew up, we have other hobbies). Nevertheless, I am always a Jeeper. I cannot stand people doing illegal wheeling or promoting illegal wheeling activity on any Jeep Boards. If I see you doing illegal wheeling or promoting illegal wheeling activity anywhere in U.S. I will turn you in with or without DeJA decal. Just becasue a few of you doing the dumb things, you are killing our sport that all of us work so hard for. You don't have any right to so do.

I urge everyone on this board either you're a Jeeper or a wheeler to learn more about TREAD Lightly and abid by them. When I have time, I will write more.

:soapbox:

• Linyee
    I think Paul covered it when he posted this but I'll do it again.

Quote from "wanderlust"

As mentioned above, as a club we do not recommend illegal wheeling at the C&D Canal, or on any private property, including construction sites, without express permission from the owner.

Your best bet, and the most fun, is coming along on a trail ride to either Rausch Creek or Paragon.

Constructions sites are off limits. not only are you trespassing you are openly visibly to anyone giving our sport a bad image.
    Please don't do this.

• Joe, I read Paul's post. IT is still not accptable for obvious reasons. Joo's post should be removed. I shall delete mine when this is done. You know I don't take this lightly. :)

• Ok so what I did say, was a litle out there. What I meant to say in all that, and I guess being stupid and not reading it all was -

don't wheel in illegal places, it does destroy the sport...

What I meant to say "If you wheel in illegal places, all your doing is destroying the sport, and ruining it even more for yourself."

and without having any association wtih DeJA I meant, I didn't even know the club existed...or had even researched anything...

and recomending where I did, I meant to say directly after it - DON'T DO IT...but I got sidetracked...

I take it seriously too, and didn't mean to offend anyone if I did..

Sorry Gang...didn't mean for it all to come out wrong.

You can modify your post's to reflect my quotes..

Joo (is very sorry for his foot-in-mouth disease :bang: )

• UnderDAWG might want to delete/edit his post also, the quote is still there. Thanks for the edit Joo.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• There are no legal offroad trails in DE. :upset:

The closest place I know of is Wharton State Forest in New Joisey. Its gigantic, so if you go along, bring a good GPS with mapping, so you can trace your way out if you get lost. Depending on what area you enter through (a LOT of access roads, it's a popular area for hunters), you'll probably find pretty easy access roads with some mild sand (6-10 inches deep) and some whoop-dee-doos, but there are a few mud holes to be found, and a few very deep mud pits which you may need a winch to get out of. Most of the roads are pretty tame, though and you'll be in 2Hi most of the time.

Aside from that, there are Rausch Creek and Paragon offroad parks up in PA, but they're a good two hours away and you can't just pick a random day on whim to go. DEJA does schedule frequent rides to both parks, though. Just keep an eye on the calendar and this forum for info on the rides. I've only been to Rausch Creek, and it's got a mix of mud and rocks.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Quote from "itsmeyoufreek"

paul,

are you related to bob mccullough in hyde park. he's worked at gm for about 40 yrs?

larry

Not that I know of.

Unless he's rich, then he's my favorite Uncle Bob. Please tell him I said hi!

• I can say wheeling illegally is wrong and it does destroy it for everyone else. it also becomes very expensive on wed night i got a call from my friend with a tow company he got a call from the cops about a guy wheeling by hoops res and got stuck in the brandwine river .denrec fined him $4200.00 for doing this wilm railroad fined him $1700.00 and i performed the recovery with my jeep as per the cops,denrec and wilm railroad and charged him $2000.00to retrieve his stock 2003 explorer.
    i told him about tread lightly and where he can wheel w/o gettin in trouble
    i got pics of the recovery ill try to post them.this was an expensive mistake......

BRIAN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!