played in NJ...

• after a long weekend, I treated myself to a nice day of playing in the XJ. I went up to Wharton State Forest with my brother and explored a bit and hunted a few geocaches. Found a few sandpits, some water and mud and a bunch of whoop-dee-doos. Oh, and a lot of tight trails, the local guys call it "custom pin striping" or "pine striping".

the trails I ran weren't hard (all green), might be a little annoying for some of the taller Jeeps with some of the low-hanging branches, I always have to take off my CB antenna. I only really had to use 4WD when I played in the sand. The local message boards talk about some deep mud and deep sand, but I didn't find anything.

Basically, nothing challenging, but quite relaxing. :)

took a bunch of pics... the ones of me playing in the sand were taken by my brother. http://gallery.jerryhorn.com/offroad

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Looks like a pretty area by the lake. I'll have to make it out there some weekend.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "whatevah"

The local message boards talk about some deep mud and deep sand, but I didn't find anything.

Basically, nothing challenging, but quite relaxing. :)

what you were looking for was what they call the 1/4 mile... lots of fun.. tons of mud to play in and large water holes..

• Quote from "Slimer"

Looks like a pretty area by the lake. I'll have to make it out there some weekend.

the first set of pictures by the water (before the building foundation pics) were where we stopped for lunch. It's on Hampton Rd, here is the Lat/Lon for where we parked. 39°45'46.40"N 74°41'32.09"W just toss those into Google Earth or something. :) I had the GPS set to lay down a trail, but it ran out of marker points and started deleting the old ones, so the first few miles we drove aren't shown in my trail logs. :(

thanks, Carl. I've heard of it (I'm on the jersey devil forums) but don't know where it is. Probably would have gotten stuck, anyhow with my A/T tread. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• if your ever interested let me know.. I have been out there before and would like to go back.. not too keen on going by myself...

• Quote from "cj7taz"

if your ever interested let me know.. I have been out there before and would like to go back.. not too keen on going by myself...

Carl, would you consider leading a DeJA ride through those swamps? There are a few folks who have expressed an interest in an NJ ride, but I don't have any trail leaders who know the area well enough.

If so, please contact me and Chris Hall so that we can get a ride on the schedule.

• I was up there once on a "DEJA" ride once, I know donny was there, and I believe there was one or two other jeeps. It was a really nice area to just drive around, and have some fun off the beaten path. I would definatlly go back sometime, as soon as I get the jeep back in one piece.

• Yeah, I know it's been talked about before but seeing those pictures, I really would like to see this happen. If I can help at all, let me know.

In fact, Jerry, this was your first time, right? I may just drive down there and scope things out myself one of these weekends. It seems so relaxing and I could use that with how life has been recently.

• Quote from "SLINKY"

keep me in the loop for this, I would like to attend.

In what, Mike, the mini-van?

:laughing:

• Quote from "BlueJ"

In what, Mike, the mini-van?

:laughing:

this coming from a guy who's jeep is sitting in the repair shop... (i seen it)

No with my new ride... it's non jeep but that's ok with me.
    i'm not looking to run wild stuff. but trails/mud are ok with me.
    Just set it up and I'll try and go.. I still am a member of Deja for 45 more days, then I get outed. so for them 45 days I put my deja magnets on the burb HAHAHAHA

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Quote from "SLINKY"

this coming from a guy who's jeep is sitting in the repair shop... (i seen it)

OUCH! :doh:

I think Brian and Craig are going to be at the shop tonight. I'm going to head over and see if we can break open the t-case...

• Quote from "cj7taz"

now that would be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw 3 or 4 Astro Minivans at Paragon Saturday. One was lifted with 35s and what looked like Dana 60s front and rear! The others appeared stock.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "DieselCj"

I was up there once on a "DEJA" ride once, I know donny was there, and I believe there was one or two other jeeps. It was a really nice area to just drive around, and have some fun off the beaten path. I would definatlly go back sometime, as soon as I get the jeep back in one piece.

that was with myself and Ian.

We have been up there a handfull of times. Always different. The first time we went there were huge waterholes 2-3ft deep, and lots of them.

Every other time no water, but its still nice. I like it up there.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Quote from "matty427"

Yeah, I know it's been talked about before but seeing those pictures, I really would like to see this happen. If I can help at all, let me know.

In fact, Jerry, this was your first time, right? I may just drive down there and scope things out myself one of these weekends. It seems so relaxing and I could use that with how life has been recently.

it's my second trip to the forest, but I went on different trails. The weather was much better this time (raining last time), all the windows were down and lot of picture opportunities. A trip through the pine barrens can be very scenic.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!