Hi Lift Storage

• Saw a good write up on the Q-Tech page how to store and mount a hi lift inside but out of the way. Can't figure how to link it but...

Q-Tech Manin Page (Left Hand Side)
    Site Help-Tech Corner-Interior-Easay Hi-Lift Jack Storage

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• That's all fine, but if you just buy the $25 hard plastic case, it fits between the rear of the roll cage and the rear corners perfectly without any hardware. Even with the top down (though you have to fold the top down a little more creatively. The case is about the same width as the tub, and shifts very little left to right. On trail rides I usually throw a bungee through the handle to one of the floor hooks just to be extra sure it doesn't fly out. Then if you use the jack, you can just throw it back in the case and hose it off later. If I'm not on a trail ride, I don't want the Hi-Lift with me, so lifting it out is easy...no hardware.

my 2¢...

DrJ

• i like the idea that it is actually bolted down and that it can fly around if the jeep would roll or what not

• Mine is mounted sort of like that. I use the fence tensioners, but without the 4X rack. Mine is mounted way up high, just forward of the bend in the roll bar. It actually hangs down from the bottom of the bars, just under the rear flap of the header top.

This works because I have the tool box and rack below, no rear seat. It might be in the way for rear seat passengers. But for me, it's great, up out of the way, easy to get to, and protected from the elements.

High lifts must be secured! In or out of case, they can be very dangerous in the event of a steep hill or off-camber situation.

• I don't really doubt that it is secured with rubber bungees tightly criss-crossed and hooked to the floor hooks.

• Quote from "DrJ"

If I'm not on a trail ride, I don't want the Hi-Lift with me
    my 2¢...
    DrJ

I used to subscribe to that theory until one day I was thinking about what I would do if I had to change a flat tire somewhere. :doh: I agree, the best place for it is behind the backseat.......fits like a glove.

• I can't fit a hydraulic jack in my Jeep. I need the space for when I travel back and forth b/t college. The only reason I mounted the hi-lift to the front bumper for now and use it. Can't do that with a big jack.

• Quote from "turtle"

Best on-road jack is a 12 ton hydraulic jack. It is small, more than tall enough and is not an accident waiting to happen.

when did you become a convert to the bottle jack???

• Quote from "turtle"

Best on-road jack is a 12 ton hydraulic jack. It is small, more than tall enough and is not an accident waiting to happen.

Cool. I didn't think one of those. I always thought they wouldn't provide enough lift.

• Quote from "chuck"

Cool. I didn't think one of those. I always thought they wouldn't provide enough lift.

They have screw out extensions that increase the height.

And since you are jacking at the axle, there's no need to stretch the suspension out, like when jacking from the bumper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!