Throttle body problem fixed (I hope)

• i think your still using the one for the 4 cyl.. you didnt change the computer.. the old one was prolly just on its way out the door... i lost one once right after i put a new exaust on..

• Quote from "SarasGP"

I got a different code as well as the usual lean fuel mix, this one was the left bank O2 sensor had shorted out. I think I need to replace the O2 sensors anyway seeing as it's never been done. ('97 w/54K miles)

What I am asking is should I replace the front O2 sensor with one for a 2.5L or 4.0L?

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• sorry what i meant to say was yes.. i think you should still use the one for the 4 cyl... you changed things but not that drasticly...
    i could be wrong ive been so before...

• Yesterday I got both O2 sensors and Andrew replaced them. I reset the codes and drove it about 40 miles and so far no Check Engine light. If this works, it will be the best performance mod I've done yet. Between the 4.0 tb and the K & N, she's much more powerful and I don't have to downshift every time I go up an incline.

My only problem now is that she's using massive quantities of gas. The last tank before we installed the new sensors, I only got 90 miles on the tank. I usually get 225-275. I'm hoping that the computers were telling her she needed more gas to make up for the extra air coming in and that will change for the better now.

Anyway, wish me luck :lie:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

My only problem now is that she's using massive quantities of gas. The last tank before we installed the new sensors, I only got 90 miles on the tank. I usually get 225-275. I'm hoping that the computers were telling her she needed more gas to make up for the extra air coming in and that will change for the better now.

Anyway, wish me luck :lie:

Sara,

are you riding the skinny peddle alot more to see what you can get out of her.... that will make the gas milage go down sharpley.. the bad o2 sensor prolly didnt help either... but riding that skinny peddle hard does more than anything else..

• I'm not driving any differently than I was before the swap. I haven't been out long enough the past 2 days to see how the mileage is for this tank of gas.

• I wasn't aware that it could be done that way. I thought you had to put the 2.5 AIS motor on w/the 4.0 TB in order for the computer to calibrate it right. I also don't see how it could make a difference with the same sized TB. Anybody know?

• I wasn't aware that it could be done that way. I thought you had to put the 2.5 AIS motor on w/the 4.0 TB in order for the computer to calibrate it right. I also don't see how it could make a difference with the same sized TB. Anybody know?

LOL. That proves why the benefits of these types of mods are so subjective.

• hold on, lol i mean I put the 2.5Ais motor on the 4.0TB and put the 4.0TB on my jeep

when I throw it into second my back end drops down and my tires chirp ;D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!