Issues after lift

• Well just got back from having the jeep aligned after the 4" lift. Front was perfect so no alignment needed.

Now to the issue :doh: The rear numbers for the Toe were: Left -73* and right +32* :doh: He said they should be close...said it could be leaf spring on backwards (don't think it is that) or the leaf not sitting in the perch correctly...maybe an issue with the shackle. Guess I need to get it back on stands and loosen everything and "rework" it.

Any other suggestions???

Thanks.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• not knowing that much about leaf sprung jeeps
    i cant see how the leafs would affect toe
    maybe pinion angle , but not toe

so if i am reading this right
    ur left tire has toe out and the right tire has toe in?

That's MR. Captain Beach , to you

Edited once, last by ().

• The leaf springs already had the shims attached and per the instructions: "When installing the springs the thick part of the shim goes toward the front of the jeep."

We had to drill out the the spring perch since the new leaf springs have larger center pins than stock springs. Maybe the hole is not quite big enough and causing it to sit wrong. :shrug:

When we finished up, I kinda noticed that the right side rear leaf seemed to be "leaning" but didn't think much of it...

Not sure about the angle...by looking at the print out that I got the Camber was -33* Left and -23*Right (which he said was fine) but the Toe were the numbers above.

• take a few pics for us

make sure u get a shot of the rear in whole from behind the jeep and a few from underneath

it does sound like the springs are not seating properly on the perches

• Took some pics last evening...

Really hard to tell anything with them. Looks like I need to pull the rear wheels, and "redo" the rear install.

Anyone have a garage and some time on Friday? Air tools and a nice floor jack would make it much easier! Also need to cut our a little of the body for proper shifting.

Thanks.

• Once again McGinnis's Blackflag Garage comes through! Much appreciated!!! Let me know what you find out about your work schedule. I do want to get your tires back to you also...THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

• Monte - My cell is the best way 670-7584 (which I think you have). If I don't have it on me just leave me a message. Not a huge issue but one that needs to be corrected. Thanks again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!