August Trail Ride - Rausch Creek August 21/22

• August's DeJA Trail Ride will be at Rausch Creek on August 21 and 22. This will include trail rides on both days, as well as an evening ride and a catered pig roast on Saturday evening. We will be joining Blue Mountain Jeep Association for the Saturday evening events and Sunday trail ride. Saturday's trail ride will be for DeJA folks who show up before the BMJA crew.

In order to participate in BMJA's Pig Roast, you must register and pre-pay ($10 per person) in advance. Click on the Oink for access to the registration form. Note, you do not need to be a BMJA or DeJA member to participate in the Oink's festivities - it is open to all Jeepers.

Your costs will include: $10 annual membership fee for Rausch Creek; $25 per jeep per day for wheeling ($5 per passenger); and $10 in advance to BMJA for the Pig Roast. Camping is included in the Rasuch Creek trail ride fees. You'll also want to plan for Sunday breakfast. Gas, taxes, and gratuities are additional.

This will be added to the calendar, and additional information will be posted shortly...

Feel free to post any questions or send me a PM.

Andrew

Former Trail Boss (2003 - 2005)

Edited once, last by ().

• I'm planning on being there, Sat., Sat. night & Sunday.

My first time to Rausch Creek!

• I'm also planning on being there both days and possibly going up Friday night.

-Chris

• Chris (Jeepsahara), if you go up on Friday, does you pay for an extra day in RC? I'd like to go up, IF the wife will let me go early ( :cmon: ), and if it wouldn't cost extra. I'm in for $60 as it is at RC that weekend.

Anyone else going? Not too many signed up here.... :shrug:

• Paul, if you go up to RC on Friday to camp out, there should be no extra charge. You pay for the wheeling days, and camping is included.

Right now I don't think I can go at all. I have to go back to Chicago next week, and I can't see boarding the dogs for a few more days, bringing them home for two days, then boarding them again. Also, I need to tighten up my flat skid's frame, and I've been having a devil of a time getting that damn plate off. Once I get it off, I'm replacing the flush 5.5mm hex heads with standard head bolts, even if they're not smooth. I doubt I'll have the jeep ready by them even for a day trip.

Who wants to lead to DeJA on Saturday? JeepSahara?

• Paul - Andrew covered your question. It is not an extra fee if you camp Friday night. Also Comfort Inn gives discount rates for those at RC. Mainly why I stay there.

Andrew- sorry to hear that you probably won't be able to make it. So far, it looks to be all modified or extreme that have signed up. I was actually hoping I could lead one of the groups that weekend. I would be more than happy to step up and lead Deja then.

-Chris

• i am thinking of going, only thing is that i will have to come up on sat morning, is there any one that is going up that morning? i will only be there for that day. be cause my sister is coming up on tuesday so i have to show her a good time, and my jeep is mad that it has not been taken out lately. let me know if there is no one that is going up on sat then i just need directions.

• I still want to go. However i wanted to go up friday night and camp then come home on saturday night. However if noone else is doing this then I may just ride up on saturday morning. Or maybe will get a hotel room. Let me know what everyone is doing. I dont want to be the lone camper.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Stetson - So far I do not think that anyone is coming up Saturday morning (at least those that have signed up) However, you should still come on Saturday. Directions are pretty straight forward. 95 to 476 to 78 to 501 to 81 to Tremont. Straightforward :doh: :sniffle: . That's the route I have mapped out so far for myself. There are numerous ways up there some are straight up through the back roads or all main roads. Or go to http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/home.asp
    and there are directions there.

Ed - You have a PM.

-Chris

• thanks chris, i will check on those directions, are you going up friday night or sat? if you are going up on sat then maybe we can meet up, just a thought. let me know...

• I'm still planning on going up this weekend, but I don't know if I can make it up there on Friday night. I hate to confuse the issue, or anyone's plans, but if I CAN go up Friday night, I'd probably be in for camping. If I can't go Friday night, I'll be heading up Saturday morning, and whoever wants can caravan up then. I have never been there before, so I guess we'll be following JeepSahara's directions. (If you care to send more detailed ones, that'd be great! :question: )

I'll post when I know the day I can go up. Sorry to be all wishy-washy on this right now.

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Directions are pretty straight forward. 95 to 476 to 78 to 501 to 81 to Tremont. Straightforward :doh: :sniffle: .

I-95 North to I-476 North to (Allentown exit) PA22/I-78 West. Exit for "Ravine" is Rt. 501 North, follow this up and down the mountain. At the end, turn left (don't remember the route number, something like PA 895). Where you go at the end of this road depends on where you are headed...

For the Comfort Inn, turn left onto Rt. 443, follow it for a few miles to the entrance of I-81 (but don't get on). Just across from the ramp is a McDonald's, and behind the McDonald's is the Comfort Inn.

For Rausch Creek, turn right onto 443 through the village of Pine Grove. It will turn into 125 North, stay on until you see signs turning left to I-81. The Exxon there is the last place to fill up. Continue on that road past the Exxon, past the entrances to I-81, and just keep following roundabout and upwards. Eventually you'll see a big rocky clearing. There's one road to the left (don't turn), and then the entrance to RC on the left side, pull in there for registration and camping.

I'll still trying to figure out if there's a way for me to make it on Saturday... If not, have fun guys!

Former Trail Boss (2003 - 2005)

Edited once, last by ().

• Thanks for posting directions Andrew. I usually end up just looking at the map and seeing where I need to go then find the most direct route there, not being able to explain how I got there. :lbulb:

-Chris

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

I usually end up just looking at the map and seeing where I need to go then find the most direct route there, not being able to explain how I got there.

New poll idea: Is Chris H. really someone we want leading a group of people through the woods? :razz:

• Quote from "wanderlust"

New poll idea: Is Chris H. really someone we want leading a group of people through the woods? :razz:

Hey now! This will be my 4th time at RC and my 3rd time leading. I do have a better record at RC too as far as getting lost goes. Paragon is another story.

-Chris

• Things are looking up. I may be able to go after all! :spinrhead:

I feel guilty, but the doggies will go back to the kennel (found out yesterday we're off the waiting list). All I need to do is get my skid plate back on right. Looks like I'm going to have to drill out one of the bolts (anyone want to help me?).

Current plans are to head up Friday afternoon/evening, do both rides on Saturday, and then 1/2 day on Sunday heading out by about 2:00 (need to pick up the dogs by 6:00). Gonna call tomorrow for a room at the Comfort Inn.

Chris (bmf24), I need my trailer back. I'll be around Wednesday and Thursday evenings after 5:30 or so.

Chris (JeepSahara), you're still leading. We'll see how many we have when we get there, maybe separating into two or three groups.

• Excellent Andrew!

I won't be able to head up until Saturday morning now, just too hectic on Friday evening with the wife's drive. I have no idea when she'll get in.

Stetson, if you want to ride up Saturday morning, give me a shout or send a PM and we'll work out the details.

I got to compromise though, I can now take off Friday for the GWNF trip next month, as the wife will be working from home by then!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!