XJ Lift Question

• Well I drilled mine out to fit.Your track bar should go on with the lift done and sittin on level ground.If you jacked it up to get it on :shrug: That doesn't sound rite.I dont no what you mean by a tad.The front of mine is not center ether.

• Keep an eye on the whole If you drill one for It, their notorious for ovaling out If not braced properly after drilling, plus It weakens the entire mount....but It tis an option

If It aint noticable dont sweat It, did u get an alignment yet?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Well what I mean is put the lift on set it down on the ground then turned the steering wheel back and forth a little then jack up the front end a few inches and dropped the jack real quick to bounce and settle the suspension, then I rocked the the jeep back and forth a bit then pushed up and down on the bumper, all to try to get the axle to naturally settle under the Jeep. Then i mounted the axle end of the track bar, but at the shortest length the frame end ball joint stud would go in vertical but I could get it in at an angle. So I jacked up the Jeep, supported the frame and drooped the axle a tad to mimic a slightly taller lift and get the ball joint stud in straight. I tightened it down and I figure all this will do is shift the axle off center a little less than half and inch and maybe wear the track bar ball joint out a little faster, but I am not planning on a lot of off road so I don't think it is a real big deal.

• Come to find out, I just spoke to a technician at Rusty's, I probably need to center the Jeep using the Steering wheel and I may need to remove the jam nut from the track bar to make it fit properly. That will probably solve my problems altogether.

• Quote from "92WestShady"

but I am not planning on a lot of off road so I don't think it is a real big deal.

YOU LIFT THEREFOR YOU MUST WHEEL :laughabove:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!