3/26/06 - easy ride in Wharton

• preface: this is not official club ride. just me going playing, and anybody else who wants to come along.

I'm planning on going up on Sunday, if anybody wants to tag along, just make sure you have a solid front tow hook. A solid rear tow point (hook or hitch with a pin) will do, but I'll probably be in front of you most of the time. :) If you follow my instructions on the trail, you shouldn't get stuck. A stock Geo Tracker made it through the route I'll probably be taking, so a Jeep should have no problems unless you try the hard side of the trails. :) If you wanna go up, send me a pm or reply here.

Wharton State Forest is a free state forest in New Jersey. It has a ton of sandy trails, with numerous water crossings to ford. My Cherokee is stock, and since I'll be leading, nobody needs to worry about getting stuck. :)

I'll probably shoot for a 10am meeting time at a Wawa outside the forest. They've got food and such there if you forget to bring some. From there, it's a couple miles to the entrance point I like to use, then we'll start playing. The trails are easy, no need to air down, or disconnect your swaybars.

anybody up for it? aside from a tow point, I suggest having a CB (or an FRS radio... CBs have a much better range). I've got a tow strap, so you don't need to get one, although it's always a good idea to have your own stuff. :)

Wawa/meeting location -> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=…74.860321%C2%B0&t=h&hl=en I'll be there at 10 if anybody wants to meet me there. It's pretty easy to get to, I take I-295 to Rt 30 and take that all the way to the Wawa.

For anybody who wants to go, but hates the NJ road system, meet me at Mikes Famous Bikes at 9am and I'll lead the way to the Wawa. we'll meet up with anybody there, and then leave for the forest at 10:30

vehicle list...
    Whatevah - XJ
    Zeke - Rubicon

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by ().

• I was out there last sunday.. I saw a good amount of woods burned up. They might of been doing some controlled burns..

• yeah... there was a pretty good-sized wildfire in a section of the forest a couple days ago. they "contained" the fire on Wednesday, but everything seems to be groovy, now. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• The XJ can't even handle an "easy" ride at the moment.. think a lowered 2WD locked in the rear Dakota could make it? haha jk... I need my 44 and 4.56's installed ASAP .. wish me luck on making it to Newark with a bad pinion bearing and leaking seal :driving:

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• Quote from "GhostDakota"

think a lowered 2WD locked in the rear Dakota could make it?

of course... bring it along :innocent: hehe it'll be pretty much the same route I lead back on Jan 1st. just without a few of the boring sections.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I want to take my rig to Whatrton to get a feel for it. This sunday is family obligation day tho, something with the in-laws I think.

I'll have to catch up next time you go down. Hopefully by then I'll have all my tow hooks installed too.

-Ken

• did somebody say pictures??? :) lets see 'em!

Jerry / Whatevah

• my cell is 302-###-####

edited. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Edited once, last by ().

• weee that was fun! just me and Tom + Anna, but... muchas fun!

I played in some deeper puddles than previous trips, and Tom got to test out the lockers in his Rubi by pulling me out. twice :D

some pics and vids (thanks Tom and Anna!) coming later.

Josh, you really missed out... :doh:

Jerry / Whatevah

• Jerry / Whatevah

• I rode next to you guys across the bridge this morning, I had the suburban pulling the small trailer with my scooter on it.

I tried channel 4,5 calling you but you were yaking on the phone for the entire bridge.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• hehe didn't even see you. sorry Slinky. yeah, I was on my cell phone, (and watching for cops). :D CB was on channel 16.

Jerry / Whatevah

• jerry you know its a $250 fine as soon as you cross the bridge... be carefull...
    sounds like a fun day.. i had class for work yesterday and a birthday party for my counsins son today.... when is the next time your going up?

• yes... hence the "watching for cops" comment. :) earpiece was in my pocket, but it's a pain to use.

next time? dunno... my schedule is kinda cramped until late-May. but, if I see a date open up, I'll be sure to start a new thread here.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Jerry you rock for taking us up there today. It was a blast, and now Anna is thinking she wants to get an XJ =)

I'm uploading all my pics/vids now, i'll tack them on once I'm done.

Suddenly I can't stop thinking about that RE 3.5 kit........

• uh ohh... it looks like he's hooked.. :yevil:

• we just put the RE superflex on my TJ and it is very nice. I have more input on it then I do anything else. PM me if you want to know my opinion...

Ed

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!