Dakota R/T in the House

• I say put the 5.9 in your jeep. :suspicious: . I always wanted to robthe engine out of my dakota and throw it im my Jeep :driving: . then part the rest.....btw what happened?

• Some young fellow somehow went off road at speed and put the right front tire into a ditch and flipped it on its roof. The dad bought it back from the insurance company and was going to replace the cab, but then thought better of it.

• Do you have the 4 R/T rims? It's missing the front in that photo... Does it have an aftermarket throttle body and or intake manifold?

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• Quote from "FZMax"

Now, do I part it out for fun and profit or use the engine, harness and computer for a power boost for my Jeep?

Everyone knows I was only joking right? I am hoping to have it running by mid May or sooner.

• Quote from "FZMax"

Everyone knows I was only joking right? I am hoping to have it running by mid May or sooner.

Ah, so it's not being parted out then? Or is it? If you are gonna fix it up and want to come racing, let me know. I frequent Cecil when it's warm out :)

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• Quote from "FZMax"

No, I'm parting it out, the engine is going into my TJ. I already have a Dakota for on-road use:

http://home.comcast.net/~fzmax/index.html

Mouse over the Dakota and it does a burnout, click on it and it will take you to my truck page.

OOooh okay.. Wait a sec. Are you on any Dodge forums I'm on? Dakota R/T on Delphi, Bionic Dodge, Dakota USA, DTO, etc? I swear I've seen your truck... nice blower btw :D If your truck is what I am thinking of.. it's in the high 11's, low 12's?

Do you have pics of the 3 R/T rims? And how much would you be asking w/ tires included (Also, what size tires?)? Sorry about all the questions! Thanks.

• Quote from "GhostDakota"

Are you on any Dodge forums I'm on? Dakota R/T on Delphi, Bionic Dodge, Dakota USA, DTO, etc? I swear I've seen your truck... nice blower btw :D If your truck is what I am thinking of.. it's in the high 11's, low 12's?

My truck usually runs mid 13's, but with sticky tires and good gas I ran a few high 12's. I'm thinking of going to Cecil on Friday, interested?

• Quote from "FZMax"

My truck usually runs mid 13's, but with sticky tires and good gas I ran a few high 12's. I'm thinking of going to Cecil on Friday, interested?

Hey man, that's not bad at all though. Most people don't realize how fast, even a 14 second vehicle is. They see Fast and the Furious and only a "10 second car" is fast to them.. until they ride in something personally that runs 14's, 13's, 12's, etc. I'll be down the shore both this weekend and next. We'll be getting a Cecil Run together shortly.. myself and some other guys from Quad try and go often.. they have some FAST DD's :) Evo 8, '05 Mustang GT, etc.

Let me know what you run...

My best time N/A is 13.9 @ 101
    My best time on spray is 12.7 @ 108.

Both runs were on street tires

Ohh .. btw, if you are curious what you Dyno, I've gone to a local place in Aston, PA a bunch of times. They are great guys.. the owner is cool and the guys know their stuff. They have monthly Dyno Days. $55 for 2 power pulls and a simulated 1/4 mile run. Well worth the $ :)

http://www.evoperform.com/

• Quote from "GhostDakota"

Hey man, that's not bad at all though. Most people don't realize how fast, even a 14 second vehicle is. They see Fast and the Furious and only a "10 second car" is fast to them.. until they ride in something personally that runs 14's, 13's, 12's, etc.

10's is fast as hell....havent been to the track in a while...but not Including funny cars or bikes, I'v only seen 2 "cars" at the track run 10's...It was a dark colored Supra and I cant even Imagine being in that thing, the driver looked like he could barley control It and keep It straight....I'm gonna have to get up there soon with the warm weather coming out...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• If I had a nickel for every bonehead that has told me he had a ten-second car, I could build three of them with the money. Most people who have never raced think their cars are about two or three seconds faster than they actually are. FWIW, my TJ ran 15.90's at Cecil making it faster than 90% of the Fast and Furious crowd, that is with a bone stock 4.0. I think 14's will be pretty easy after the swap.

I think 14's will be pretty easy after the swap.

Gee, do you think! I just can't wait to see the look on the guys face who get's spanked by a Wrangler! You have to let me know when you are planning on running the Jeep, I would like to see that in person. If you think 10's are fast in a car, do it on bike (maybe you have, you ride right?). I used to run consistent 10.80's on my Hayabusa. If I had a nickle for ever time I broke the back tire loose in second gear and got all squirly, well....I'd have enough money to buy all the new underpants I needed after darn near crapping myself. I found the conditions at Cecil down right deplorable as the evening progressed. Any who, I am planning on going Friday 4/14 any takers?

• are there fog lights in the front bumper and are they still good?

How much if usable?

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• Quote from "sklively"

I used to run consistent 10.80's on my Hayabusa.

Busa? That's a girly man's bike. I used to run my Vmax there, 11.20's was the best I could manage but talk about scary. That 80's suspension and frame technology made for some interesting runs when you got over 120.

Quote from "sklively"

That sounds good, I can't go tomorrow after all. I doubt I'll have the Jeep together by then, but I'll run my truck or FZ1.

[quote="SLINKY"]are there fog lights in the front bumper and are they still good? How much if usable?

Yeah, but they are already sold, sorry.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!