night run at Wharton - May 6th @ 7pm

• there are a ton of trails to play on, and I know some of them well enough to lead a fun route at night. sand, water, mud and hundreds of "whoop-dee-doo" hills.

I figure we'll meet up there around 6:30 or so, hit some easy trails while it starts getting dark, then start playing. Probably a similar route as what I led on Saturday, but with another trail added in (gotta explore it more before I wanna take a group on it). I think we should be out of the forest by 11pm, midnight at the latest.

anybody interested? hey, at least you'll be able to use those fancy lights you bought, right? ;)

I'm thinking about possibly doing it the Friday night before the Spring Fling. Maybe Saturday night, but... want to let people have a chance to get some sleep before the spring fling starts :)

----------

*UPDATED* Date set for May 6th, meeting at the Park office/ranger station (clicky) @ 7:00pm. Anybody who wants, can meet me at Mikes Famous Bikes @ 5:45 we'll take I-295 to Rt 70 to Rt 206, which will go right past the ranger station.

I'm requiring that you have all of the club-recommended safety equipment, including a CB. You can get by without a cb for a day run at Wharton, but for night... you need to know what's going on unless you want to sink your Jeep. I also highly recommend that you bring a spare airfilter (they're cheap!) if you don't have a snorkel. Both of the rides I've led through Wharton have had engines get water into their intakes. Last ride, it hydrolocked an engine. Don't let it happen to you :up: If you don't have a tow strap, let us know here, or when we all meet up, and we'll plan accordingly.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by ().

• is that a "sounds cool, lets do it?" :shrug:

hehe :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• oh, I wanna do a "pre-run" to check out a trail I found in the winter, but didn't feel like breaking through all the ice. dunno when that'll be. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• I thought it was open for access 24/7, obviously the office and pool will be closed, but... hmm, I know there are like 20 night geocaches in there... you can only find them using a flashlight because they make a trail to follow using tiny reflectors ( http://www.firetacks.com )

I'll look into it. :shrug:

Jerry / Whatevah

• can someone explain geocaching?? i know it has to do with finding stuff in the woods using GPS coordiants right??

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Quote from "Urbancrawler22"

can someone explain geocaching?? i know it has to do with finding stuff in the woods using GPS coordiants right??

yeah. its like a easter egg hunt but by using GPS cords. go to geocaching.com for more details.

• there are a lot around the pa, de, md line. just about every state park has at least one if not a multicache.....and if not you can put one there yourself and see how many hits it gets

• I'd be up for a night run if it was a Friday night (most Saturdays I have work)

I've even got my tow hooks ready to install now :smile:

• Quote from "jeepgnome"

I'd be up for a night run if it was a Friday night (most Saturdays I have work)

I've even got my tow hooks ready to install now :smile:

As long as you bring extra hose clamps..... ;)

• I checked, and yes... it's legal at night. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!