Paragon July 25 - Trail Ride Results

• the plugs didnt just unscrew, they tore the treads out also. and i couldnt find the front one. i'll show you the rear plug when i bring your lights back.

Quote from "Jump150"

I may be way off base here, but couldnt you have bought new diff fluid and towed it home. Or did Chris also lose the rubber plugs? Oh well still sounds like you had a fun trip!!

Don

• You might be able to by a 1X plug. They are made with slightly bigger threads to cut new threads into previously threaded holes. I have one in my oil pan. Christiana Auto sells them.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

You might be able to by a 1X plug. They are made with slightly bigger threads to cut new threads into previously threaded holes. I have one in my oil pan. Christiana Auto sells them.

That might get him by for now but I think that he's definitely going to need something flush...it literally popped like a cork as soon as the pumpkin made contact with the rock. FWIW I think the best might be to patch the hole that's left, weld a skid on the bottom of the pumpkin and drop the third member to drain the fluid.

I wanna thank Andrew for a great day, I would've posted earlier but have been busy with my new job. Second week in a row that Andrew's given up the use of his trailer for another member... :tup: :tup:

My MJ made it through the day with some damage but nothing too severe...after bragging about taking less 3-point turns in my LWB MJ than the ole' BlueJ :suspicious: :doh: Andrew decided that he'd heard enough and told one of the trees on Headless Horseman to do its best at dovetailing the rear of the MJ. I managed to squeeze through but the passenger side of the bed is starting to show the abuse! :rolleyes: While Chris was busy pretzeling his front driverside leaf on Voodoo we changed out the 2nd FUBAR TrXus in as many weeks...starting to have doubts about their strength. :upset: On Rattler my rear brake line decided that it didn't like getting banged up by rocks and burst, sending me backwards into a tree...my 2x4x1/4" rear bumper took the majority of the impact but the tailgate did get a nice new dent. After DJ crimped off the rear line I was able to get through under my own power. Drumstick wasn't too bad...after backing out to let Chris limp his YJ off with empty diffs I got through to the upper section where I proceded to get my really long wheelbase highcentered. Being too stubborn to take the strap I walked it off the rock using the driveshaft as a 5th wheel. :laughing: As Andrew put it, "never quite seen it done like that..." A little rock rash but the shaft is still pretty straight as it made the trip home with only a slight vibe at 45mph...time to take it back to Kellers.

All told it was a fun day, I look forward to the August run...we've got video on DJ's camcorder, I'll see about pulling it off and grabbing some stills.

--Ian

• Sounds like you guys all had a very eventful trip.

Does anybody have any pictures of the roll over or of you guys playing ping pong with the trees!!!!!!

-Chris (getting ready for RC in Aug)

• Quote from "BlueJ"

After Paul bailed on us to go with the BMJA wussies ( editor's note - this is meant in no way to disparage BMJA or it's members, of which I am one, but to express disappoinment that paul chose to break in his new lift and tires with a BMJA group instead of the DeJA folks he rode up with...),

Well, in my defense, my opting to go with the BMJA group was in no way meant as a "dis" to the DeJA crew. I simply chose to go with a group going on lower level trails to see how everything worked for me (it was all good!). Besides, if I went with you guys, who knows what you'd have me doing! :doh:

:peace:

Besides, it was good for me to meet some folks from there. I've been a member for 2 years, and have only been on 1 or 2 rides with them.

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Sounds like you guys all had a very eventful trip.

Does anybody have any pictures of the roll over or of you guys playing ping pong with the trees!!!!!!

chris, this shot was the best i could come up with - yeah, i spend too much time online surfing jeep sites late at night now with my new schedule :(
    chris

• Quote from "wanderlust"

Well, in my defense, my opting to go with the BMJA group was in no way meant as a "dis" to the DeJA crew. I simply chose to go with a group going on lower level trails to see how everything worked for me (it was all good!). Besides, if I went with you guys, who knows what you'd have me doing! :doh:

:peace:

Besides, it was good for me to meet some folks from there. I've been a member for 2 years, and have only been on 1 or 2 rides with them.

I added that editor's note after Jim Buckley re-posted my comment onto the BMJA board, with an additional snide comment, just to bust my *****. I was just busting on Paul, although it probably worked out to the best, since we did some trails that he might not have been comfortable with yet.

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Chris, here's some pics from one of the BMJA guys (my pics sucked, and I only took like 4)

http://www.berfield.net/paragon725.htm

Paul

• Thanks guys. After I posted that I realized that BMJA would probably have pictures of the whole incident and saw them.

I am really glad to see that no one was hurt in that roll. And I can't believe the Jeep afterwards. That crest in which the roll occurred has been getting worse every time we go up there and now it is hardly wide enough to be passable.

-Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!