Paragon July 25 - Trail Ride Results

• [size=18px]Scroll down to the bottom for meeting information[/size].

post up.

i want to run some harder stuff.
    that is if my parts come in on Friday like they are supposed to.

• Based on the calendar entries, this is a list of participants for Sunday's run:
    [list]
    seanmac...........cancelled
    monkey............cancelled
    bmf24
    clendaniel
    wanderlust
    BlueJ (guiding)
    salvagexj
    [/list:u]
    This run is open to members and guests, although only members are eligible to earn a trail ride magnet.

What trails we will run will depend on the capabilities and experience of the jeeps and drivers that will actually come. I can't say yet what trails we will be running. If there is a split in the desired trail difficulty, we could possibly join up with a BMJA group that will be there the same day. To do that, though, we will need to get there earlier than usual, which means leaving Delaware earlier as well.

Please post interest below...

Former Trail Boss (2003 - 2005)

Edited once, last by ().

• i should be going if everything comes in. waiting on a front driveshaft also trying to come up with a tow vehicle. that's a little to far to flat tow back(yes thats with a strap not a towbar), thats if the motor would make the trip up.

• I'm still planning on going this Sunday. We can leave earlier if we have too, just let us know.

Not sure of trail level yet. I'm hoping to have my steering issue fixed by then, but it's my first time out with the lift and tires. I might want to start on some greens and see how everything goes first.

If stock vehicles or those new to trail riding were considering going, but were shying away because they felt it would be only moderate or difficult trails, please come along. I'd be happy to hang on the greens for the day. I haven't had the leader training, but I'm sure given a map I can get us lost before lunch. We can have our own group (minimum 3 I believe) or we can join up with some BMJA folks.

Paul

• Sunday 7/25 for Hazelton, PA

High: 71°F
    Partly Cloudy
    Wind: From the Northeast at 8 mph
    Precip: 10 %
    Max. Humidity: 75 %
    UV Index: 7 High

Not looking too bad so far....

• the guy that owns the restaurants I work for is making me go to St. Thomas for the weekend and I have to bow out of the run sunday. I really would rather go to PA in this instance (especially since the wife is pretty pissed she didn't get invited) but getting drunk on a beach with scantilly clad ladies and noone around to slap me does sound kind of good as well.
    if anyone would like to head up to Paragon the first of aug for the day that would be cool

• well, the jeep is sort of back together and sitting on the trailer right now.
    its going to Waynes shop tomarrow, and with any luck the stupid seals will be in on fri that i need.
    i thinkg i am going to see if i can get some seals thru the shop and have them just in case the other ones dont arrive.
    if it wernt fo the last minute, nothing would ever be done!

Chris (crossing fingers)

• [size=18px]Meeting Information - Sunday 7/25[/size]

We will meet at the usual place and time - the Wawa on Foulk Road in N. Wilmington, be there gassed up in time to buy your sandwiches and drinks and hit the road by 6:15. Send me a PM or call me if you need directions to the Wawa, or if you prefer meeting us up at Paragon.

Any issues that morning call on my cell phone 302-750-0963.

• Do we know what trail level everyone is looking for? If you are all going for moderate and/or hardcore stuff, I might be able to get into a group doing highter greens and blues from BMJA on Sunday.

• Hey guys... I'm sort of wondering if it's possible that I'll be able to come along on this day? I sure do hope so... I miss DEJA so darned much!

I'll be at home then, and I think that my wife will be very happy for me if I managed to go along with someone! :)

Either post me back a reply or give me a phone call... ok?

Thanks guys & girls!

• well, my seals showed up today, so it looks good for me going sunday.
    The jeep is at the shop right now, so i am hoping to get everything done tomarrow.
    Gavan and i were up there vandalizing Aarons jeep and making the buggy shorter. i hope Aaron doesnt mind his tires and other stuff being sold for beer monrey.

I some how convinced my girlfreind to go with me sunday, so i dont have a seat, but if some one has a seat for Steve i know he would be grateful.

• Interesting ride today. I opted to go with some BMJA folks for some lower level trails my first time out with the new lift and tires. About 10 mins in, we had a rollover. That sucked up most of our morning, and afterwards we did Valley Road to Good, Bad & Ugly, to Turtle and out. Rest of the trip was uneventful in comparison, although we did have an overheating TJ we had to let cool down every now and then.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, I'm going to bed now. :peace:

• After Paul bailed on us to go with the BMJA wussies ( editor's note - this is meant in no way to disparage BMJA or it's members, of which I am one, but to express disappoinment that paul chose to break in his new lift and tires with a BMJA group instead of the DeJA folks he rode up with...), we went on without him and had great time. In our little group was bmf24 (Chris & Beoinca), clendaniel (Ian & friend), salvagexj (DJ & friend), and BlueJ (me, no friends :rasp: ). Chris flat towed his YJ (remember, this is important later); and DJ's XJ on a borrowed brand new rollaway; and BlueJ on the trailer behind the Durango.

We headed up Valley, then across Cherokee Ridge, and through Sleepy Hollow and Headless Horseman. Then Cabin Spring trail (the wrong way, as Chris pointed out), across the Spring clearing, to Inner Spare Tire, up Rocky Meadow, Laurel, Ridge Road to visit Voodoo, then back down the Pipeline with a detour to do 1/2 of Rattler, Valley to Coal, ending up on Drumstick.

Carnage was in evidence today, but surprisingly BlueJ was unscathed. Ian and DJ ended up with some body damage from protruding trees, including a broken rear side window in the XJ. This was on Headless Horseman. Then on Rattler, Ian lost his brakes and rolled back into a tree damaging his tailgate (on the bright side, Paragon now sells "band-aid" stickers to cover those kinds of bruises). With the rear brake line closed off, Ian finished with front brakes only.

Chris's YJ...what can I say.. mucho carnage, including bent shackle and springs (he went straight into Voodoo when we stopped to visit it). Then on Drumstick he tore out the rear diff plug from his Toyota axle and poured gear oil all around. Then trying to back out to the access road he managed to tear out the fron diff plug, emptying the front diff. Somewhere along the way the muffler had fallen off (I saw it sitting in the back of his jeep), and he was also having transmission problems - something about not bothering to insert the bolt that was supposed to secure it.

With no gear oil, the YJ couldn't be flat towed home. Chris took my trailer and towed the YJ behind his pickup, leaving me with two vehicles to get home. DJ drove my Durango home, while his XJ got a ride on the rollaway (thanks!). We met up with Paul at the Exxon, then headed home.

Whew! See you next month at the August Oink. Don't forget to send in your registration form...

Former Trail Boss (2003 - 2005)

Edited once, last by ().

• :hmm: Glad I decided to go to the PAJeep Show. :rolleyes:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The toll of the day:
    I lost my brand new cb antena on the way to the wawa to start.
    On the first trail my tranny mount broke in 1/2. the metal that is formed into the rubber part of the mount came apart, so the tranny and t-case was just sitting there. Not really a big deal, i had a ratchet strap.
    The spring and shackle are bent up pretty good, but the ol heep was drivable.
    And the exhaust did fall off somewhere along the way (Happend to a couple of us).
    But the diff thing was crazy. And i was warned this may happen :doh:

SO, i guess the axles are comming out and the drain plugs holes are getting removed. I am going to weld in a peice of steel to flush it out and make sure that wont happen again. The tranny mount will need to be replaced as well as the springs, and the exhaust i need to get done anyway (the right way).

It was a great day at the park, fun to be had by all.
    Thanks to Andrew for leading a great ride, and thanks to the others for helping out with hammers and pry bars.

• Quote from "bmf24"

The toll of the day:
    SO, i guess the axles are comming out and the drain plugs holes are getting removed. I am going to weld in a peice of steel to flush it out and make sure that wont happen again.

See if you can get a big allen head set screw type bolt. That would be flush with the case when screwed in and could be lock tighted. Or put the old plugs in with lock tight and grind the head off.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• thats what i was going to get, and there only like $3. They wouldnt have been here in time, so i didnt order them.
    But now the hole is f'd up and the threads are gone.
    it looks pretty easy to fill the hole in with a peice of flat plate.

• But if the differentials are cast it may be difficult to weld to.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I may be way off base here, but couldnt you have bought new diff fluid and towed it home. Or did Chris also lose the rubber plugs? Oh well still sounds like you had a fun trip!!

Don

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!