GWNF IV - Final Preparations!

• Its that time of year again!!!!!

May 18th - 21th, 2006

NEW and IMPROVED!

restrooms!
    showers!
    still large group camping, but at a campground with facilities!
    hotel groups still welcomed!

We're leaving Thursday...wheeling Thursday (short), Friday, and Saturday, and spending Sunday at the campsite ONLY for a relaxing end to the weekend.

This is still a STOCKER-oriented event, so if you've never been off-road before and/or have a stock JEEP vehicle, this is the first event for YOU! Camp or stay in a nearby hotel, we'll help get you there...and out relatively safely. There are specific equipment requirements, so read the sticky about equipment at the top of the "TRAIL RUNS AND GATHERINGS" forum, and ask questions BEFORE you go!

Install a CB now, get that EZPass, bolt on those tow hooks, and buy a tow strap (without hooks). There is more, so read up and look over the old threads and trail reports from previous GWNF trips. See you there!

DrJ

• PM DrJ with where you're meeting/leaving from and when. I'll post groups accordingly. These initial groups are what we've done in the past. If you're leaving with someone else, or at a different time/place, PM me, chances are you'll find someone else who wants to join you.

DeJA Central - 7:00am THURSDAY at Wawa on Rt.13N across from the DOVER Lowes.
    DrJ
    flutterby
    joo
    chukwagen
    jeepgirl

DeJA Central - FRIDAY PM Time/Location TBD
    KJ04

DeJA South - T.B.D.
    jeeprubicon

DeJA North - T.B.D.

Others
    Sara
    Patti

• GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

We've been cleared by the Dry River District Rangers to drive the ATV Trail down to the river and back. The other side is NOT available to us (whew!).

I'll be looking for other trails near the campground, but as of now, we'll do the infamous ATV Trail one day, Flagpole/Meadow Knob the next, with a short Dry River run any time we can fit it in.

I'm also asking for a place that we can do some trail maintenance to pay back a little to the rangers and the forest. I hope you're all game for a little work. I'll try to see if it can be one of the trails we ride.

Soon!!!!

DrJ

• Since I know some people will not be taking the ATV Trail down, if they want I don't see why they can't ride in the back of someones Jeep. If I need to I can bring my backseat, I just need to know in advance.

I'm game for some work, maybe we can carry some trash bags to gather up trash as we go down the trails if I see any...(in big quantys)

• Quote from "DrJ"

you're all game for a little work. I'll try to see if it can be one of the trails we ride.

Thank goodness for showers this time!!

• ...and in case you don't remember, the tough stuff really started AFTER the river crossing. Would the ATV Trail down to the river be a black trail? I wouldn't know, but someone else that drove it might? Regardless, bring food, water, etc.

DrJ

• Quote from "Patti"

Thank goodness for showers this time!!

The rangers said there was a severe water shortage and that we should pair up on showers...

DIBS ON PATTI!!!!!

• Quote from "DrJ"

...and in case you don't remember, the tough stuff really started AFTER the river crossing. Would the ATV Trail down to the river be a black trail? I wouldn't know, but someone else that drove it might? Regardless, bring food, water, etc.

DrJ

Remember, I handled it fine in my stock jeep, it just took some navigating to get back up the trail...

• It was a real easy trail until it hit the downhill part just before the river bed..
    I almost slid off the hill....... I would do it again but I am not gonna make it this time..

Have fun ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I will not be doing the ATV trail. The libby is just to fat to go down that trails. I got most of the trail damage from the trailhead to the river, not where we got stuck thanks to Brian and Donnie's hard work and directions.

Kevin, I am leaving Friday night around the same time. I will most likely leave from my house on Rt 8 if you want to meet up and caravan down together.

• brian, we are leaving from the camden area, we could meet you at your house since TigerCB12 is coming from there and hes leaving the same time so just PM me directions to your house and we will make that the official departure spot for friday night central delaware or the rt. 8 wawa or something. LMK

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• (edited by DeJA president because Andrew was looking for someone to beg him to come along)

HE WILL leave on thursday morning around 6am, so HE WILL be there when u get there.

(and watch those avatars buddy...)

That's MR. Captain Beach , to you

Edited once, last by ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!