GWNF IV - Final Preparations!

• I might be leaving Friday AM....I just need directions to see how to get there and everything.....

Anyone have the link for it so I can look it over?

Anyone know the coordiantes to Kephart since the campsite is PAST this...

This is another question -- DrJ are you planning on doing a night run Friday night?? Because it looks like I wont make it for a Friday morning run.....but I would make it for a afternoon / nite run. I would hate to go to the campsite Friday just after you guys left, and have nothing to do...

You can always leave a message for me at the campground office as I try to meet you, because if I leave around 6 or 7 am I'd be there between 11 and 1. I can also try and pick you up on CB's.

• Quote from "DrJ"

Andrew, where are you getting your firewood?

wawa superfesh 7-11
    where ever i find it

there is a place near my dads that has campground fire wood

im gonna stop there to see what he has to offer

• Quote from "joo"

This is another question -- DrJ are you planning on doing a night run Friday night?? Because it looks like I wont make it for a Friday morning run.....but I would make it for a afternoon / nite run. I would hate to go to the campsite Friday just after you guys left, and have nothing to do.

Maybe Dry River, something we KNOW is relatively safe, and we all have experience on.

There are a few interesting possibilities on the map around Brandywine. I'd actually prefer to explore a bit around there, than go back to the ATV Trail, but going down to the Dry River Trail would be fun. Lets the new people get their feet wet.

My goal as of now would be to do some local trail on Thursday afternoon if we want, do FlagPole/Meadow Knob on Friday, leaving the campsite at about 10-11am. Then maybe that night run at Dry River on Friday night. Saturday would be exploring around Branywine Lake for new trails (there are some on the map). Certainly open to suggestions, but that's the tentative plan.

• If you are open to suggestions, explore on Friday and do the old standbys on Saturday. :rollsmile: I wont be there until Friday night and would rather do some easy relaxing trails on Saturday(i.e. I am not going on the ATV trail or any like it with the KJ).

Whatever the groups wants to do is fine with me though. I am really excited to be going camping and wheeling again. It has been a while.

• back to my orignal plans on leaving thursday morning ---

Are we meeting anyone at Holly's DrJ? Because it would be easier for me to cruise down 301 in the morning and meet you guys there and then hit the road.

Kind of doesn't make sense (at least in my head) to drive to Dover then head over....correct me if I'm wrong...I haven't looked at a map to see where Hollys is.

found the rec park gps ... orginially posted by quadna. (you can pull them up on google earth)

Brandywine Rec Park - 38°35'56.19"N 79°12'2.64"W (just to give everyone a mental reference where brandywine rec area is - it's about 12 miles west of the entrance to kephart)

With that info -- heres some directions from Middletown....the only thing wrong wtih them is that it takes me all the way up to 95 and back down, which it really shouldn't because I can shoot straight down 301.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sa…2007333333&ip=192.168.2.5

• Quote from "Woody"

If you are open to suggestions, explore on Friday and do the old standbys on Saturday. :rollsmile: I wont be there until Friday night and would rather do some easy relaxing trails on Saturday(i.e. I am not going on the ATV trail or any like it with the KJ).

Whatever the groups wants to do is fine with me though. I am really excited to be going camping and wheeling again. It has been a while.

That's cool...anyone else?

• FWIW, if Sue and I can make this trip I'd definately like to take a trip down the ATV trail.

I'm still trying to work things out so we can leave Dover Friday afternoon. Jeff~ If we can make it work we'll caravan down with you. That way we can both set up our tents in the dark!

• Quote from "DrJ"

Andrew...we meeting you at Holly's?

if u guys are still leaving on thursday morning around
    8-9 then no
    im leaving my house around 6am

• Yeah, might as well. We'll meet at the N.Dover Wawa at 7:00am, leave at about 7:15am, pick you up along the way and meet Andrew and joo at Holly's. PM me with your cell phone number, I'll call when we get close...about 7:30-7:45am.

• Quote from "DrJ"

Anyone got a generator? I have a set of Craftsman work lights I could bring.

I have a generator, but no real way to carry it. If someone's running a trailer that has room that wants to cart it there, I'm willing to lend it's services. :shrug: I was going to take a trailer, but not only am I not wired for a trailer, but I don't trust my current rear bumper arrangement with any tongue weight. I'm wondering how much firewood I can bring.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!