• Jodie, the kids and myself all went this past Saturday to watch the UROC comp and Paragon. Turned out to be a pretty nice day as the rain held off until we came back home. We all had a good time watching the comp and the kids had a good time playing on the rocks and in the dirt. Here a a few pics that we took from the event.

PICS

• It was a disappointing weekend for Aaron and Team Mall Crawler. Jim Buckley was subbing as spotter for Don, who was off waterskiing. Chris Klee and I were there for support on Saturday, and Zach from A to Z was there too.

I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures, sorry...

Aaron started off last in his group, and no one in the stock class made it up obstacle 1. A couple of people even broke stuff on that first run. Aaron did OK on obstacles 2 and 3, but DeJA-er Tyler Mead (jeapmead), in his first Paragon competition, did a rollover on one of those courses. Aaron's turn came next on obstacle 4, after making it about 3/4 of the way, did a rollover but landed on his wheels. When he tried to start up the jeep and finish the course, the engine revved way up and Aaron shut it down. After a tow off the couse, they started taking things apart. After some searching, it turned out to be the throttle body stripping threads and coming off, so that the engine sucked in lots of air. Due to the repairs, Aaron missed the last run of the day. He ended up the day somewhere around 7th place.

Sunday was a wet day. Starting first in the group, he managed to get in his first run before the the rain started coming down. He started off really well, but was running out of time and hung up on a rock, he blasted over two cones before making it out of the gate. Many of the other competitors managed to get through that course cleanly, which put Aaron farther back.

Now the rain started to come down, sometimes light and sometimes heavy. It was pretty miserable. This second run was pretty good, but then over the slick rocks on the third course, he flopped over on his side and couldn't recover. We had to push the jeep back up, but it ran fine after that.

We waited in the rain for a while to see how the rest of the scores came in. For UROC, they were going to take the top 6 teams and run a playoff. When the final scores came in, Tyler took 6th place and Aaron was 7th. Because the conditions were so bad, we didn't hang aroung to watch the playoffs. So we packed up and hit the road, and got home at a reasonable hour.

• As always a good write up from Andrew. Unfortunately, it was another dissapointing finish for Team Mall Crawler. I seems I just can not catch a break in the UROC series. THe good news I am second in the We-Rock series. The weather was bad and the courses were tough. We just got too far behind after the first days barrel roll and we could not make up ground.

THe Jeep is still in good shape and I should be all set to go for Jellico, July 15-16.

Woody,

It's good to see at least someone is having a good time in the drivers seat :). Thanks for the action shots of the roll.

Aaron

• we even got andrew to stay for dinner sat night.

i think otter was suprised by the cake

Good pics woody.
    i am glad some one got the pics of Aaron going all the way over. not i can see the rock that bent the cage

even we-rock champ Jesse couldnt keep it on all 4 wheels-

• Glad to hear everyone is okay from their rollovers this weekend. :rollsmile:

I didn't even know that we had 2 Deja guys running it this year. Good luck to the both of you in the rest of the season.

From the looks of the first couple of pics I'm not surprised no one got through the first obstical. It looked like you almost HAD to roll. :doh:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "Wolverine"

Glad to hear everyone is okay from their rollovers this weekend. :rollsmile:

I didn't even know that we had 2 Deja guys running it this year. Good luck to the both of you in the rest of the season.

From the looks of the first couple of pics I'm not surprised no one got through the first obstical. It looked like you almost HAD to roll. :doh:

you have 3 this year

• Sorry Chris. I didn't forget you but I didn't think you had it up and running this season :doh:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• We all had a good time, especially the boys.

Thanks Aaron, Andrew and everyone there for letting Matthew get the picture of him in the drivers seat of the Jeep.

We are trying to get him hooked early :rollsmile:

I have more pics from that day, around 40-50. Those were just the better pics of Aaron's and Tyler' jeeps.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!