Posts by Neon Pirate

Looks good. Totally understand the getting new parts and wanting to tear into the project asap and check it off the to do list. Like a kid at Christmas... but on a serious note I will help anytime I can. I love wrenching, fabricating etc...oh and beer [emoji106]

Beer is a critical part of any project! Although tonight it was celebratory rum once the install was completed.

Sounds like a JKU is in your future. :innocent: Even without the back seat, it's still difficult packing everything for a big trip. Hence this fancy tire carrier to hold the gas cans and jack. And I'm still looking for ways to move more stuff outside of the Jeep, but running out of ideas.

Looks great! I went the hitch mounted cargo carrier route for added stuff space. Added rod holders and I can take my fishing gear along too! Should have plenty of space in case I ever come back with any fish!

Today I think I won the battle with my bumper, an Off Camber Vacuum Pump Relocation Kit, a can of Rustoleum and an Off Camber Light Bar. Had to cut the welds to get the OEM vacuum pump bracket off, paint everything that was cut or grinded to prevent rust, then mount the bumper bar and lights. For any who didn't see my other thread, it now looks like this.

[img width=1200 height=979]http://www.trmtechnologies.com…te/web/RMJeepLightBar.jpg[/img]

how did it go? Sorry I couldn't stop over, doing my own projects this weekend. Try to give a little more warning next time. :)

I am more than willing to help anyone do some wrenching. I'll even bring some beer but short notice isn't easy to fit into a busy summer schedule.

Totally understand the busy schedules and didn't expect that anyone would be available. Didn't know when the parts would arrive so advanced notice wasn't much of an option unfortunately and I was trying to get this project done before one of my daughters has knee surgery this week so just wanted it in the completed column. Hell of a battle, at least more than I was expecting with the vacuum pump relocation kit and having to grind the welds from absolutely no convenient angle. Did you guys know that manufacturers lie about ease of and time to install parts? :) If anyone else is planning to do that mod please drop me a line and I'd be happy to offer my thoughts and, if possible, a hand. Did get everything cut, repainted and installed and I think it all came out okay.

[img width=1200 height=979]http://www.trmtechnologies.com…te/web/RMJeepLightBar.jpg[/img]

Weekends are pretty busy in the summer especially on short notice, if you are still working on it Monday night drop me a line.

For the frame I would just use rustoeluem rattle can. Plasti dip is pretty cool but it peels off easy.

Thanks Stafford for the reply! The classic Rust-O it is! Yeah, didn't really expect anyone to be available on short notice but figured it doesn't hurt to ask, especially since this turned into more of a job than I was expecting. The beer is here and cold if anyone does have any free time, even if just to say hi and spectate.

Still fighting this battle. Got the bumper off once I gave up on the ratchet and switched to starting the bolts with a breaker bar. Have killed a few of the Dremel metal grinding wheels but I did get through the front weld on the vacuum pump bracket. Off to Lowes to get more grinding wheels as the last one just gave in. Sure could use a hand if anyone is around the Bear\New Castle area and has some free time. Have sent a message to Aaron Stapen so hoping he'll get back to me soon but given that this is my first Jeep and first major mod any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, going to coat the areas of the frame that are getting a grinding. Would a coat of plasti-dip be better or should I just use the good old rattle can?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Ray

Edited to remove contact information in an attempt to keep spam down a bit.

Since Fedex just showed up with my Quadratec order I am about to start installing an Off Camber vacuum pump relocation kit and their front bumper light bar. If anyone is really bored, really into helping fellow Jeep owners, would like to trade some labor and work on some of their toys, or just wants to drink a few beers while watching me curse and throw tools please come on by and join in the fun! I'm just off of Rt. 40 in New Castle behind Lowes and right by Stewarts Brewing Company. Going to run to Lowes before I begin so if you want or have time to swing by please PM me here.

Thanks!

Ray

Looks like Tuesday is out for me but if nothing blows up at work on Thursday I should be good then and it would be cool to meet y'all.

If I'm around, which is more likely to be Thursday, I'd be happy to meet some of y'all over a few BEvERages. Stewarts is around the corner from my house and always a favorite, never been to 16 Mile but would like to give it a try.

Keith.eric it sounds like you are in exactly the right league and I respect your pre-game warm-up routine!

About to add some lights to my 2012 JK and I'm hoping some of you can provide a bit of advice. I've got an Off Camber Frame Mount Light Bar for the stock bumper from Quadratec and am about to order a pair of 5" round Cree LEDs for the bar but they don't come with a wiring harness. Will be running up to a Rugged Ridge A-Pillar switch mount (also from QTec). Can anyone make a recommendation on a wiring harness that they've used successfully or particularly like? This is my first Jeep so I'm new to modding these but not new to wiring and electronics so your advice and experience is appreciated!

Thanks!

Ray

Wow they even have porta potties set up for the crowd! They pulled out all the stops!

Too bad no one had a muddy Jeep to drive :driving: down the road by the crowd. That would piss them off. :roflmao:

Slimer that crowd would have cheered and thought the mud was just part of the festivities! Went at lunch time and there was a line but not a bad one, moved fast and I was inside the store questioning my thin thread of sanity in no time. Way too many people for me too and the specials were not that great so I decided that the 1.5 hour wait in the register line wasn't worth it, can get a tackle box some other time.

I like my Cover Kings. They look good, wash easy, dry out fast when swamped and have been on my JK since I got it in 2012 without any fade. They also feel way better than just the stock seats. If you don't want to drop Wet Okole money, I'd go CK.

Being as I live and work in the city (and get around in the city in my work car all day long) I also see tons of stuff. Random pieces of someone's weave in the middle of the street. And there was actually 3 shoes in the direct vicinity of where I parked...always an odd number.

Those weaves always crack me up! Mostly colors not found in nature and you just have to wonder how it got there and why is an abandoned weave just laying in the street. I've never spotted a complete pair of shoes in Wilmington either...even the odd numbers seem to never contain a complete matching pair. Got to ask about the three where you parked...did any match?

Fuel sender failure made it say quarter tank. Wife drives daughter to soccer practice will BOTH of our sets of keys and calls broken down on the side of the road. I borrow neighbors car because I have no ride and when I get there, her purse is on top of the fuel pump and lines so I immediately think she hit the electric lines or knocked a fuel line off. While trying to check the line, I proceed to crack the effing fitting sending pressurized air/fuel everywhere. Look in tank and yeah, it's bone dry but now fuel isn't going to help. Call AAA with tail between legs and get a tow truck driver that says it won't fit. I said stand back and did his job. Now I'm sitting here smelling like gas with a wife that's not even mad at me anymore because she enjoys making fun of me.

TLDR: Ran out of fuel and proceeded to break a $300 fuel pump. :bang:

Wife not even mad at you? What is that like? Is it even possible? Totally cannot relate!

When I worked in Wilmington we had competitions to see who could spot the strangest stuff on the streets, sidewalks and lawns. There were the usual constant food wrappers, empty bottles of cheap booze, used prophylactics, discarded chicken bones and shoes...why is there always just one shoe?