How do you / would you secure your subwoofer?

• I recently bought a small 10inch box that would fit in a add a trunk if I bought one.

I'm working on buying a sub and amp, but my biggest concern is someone getting sticky fingers, especially in a open top jeep?

Your thoughts?

Would you spend the $100 and buy the add a trunk, or is there a better way to secure it (like put the amp under my seat, and cable down the box (all for very cheap)

• buy a dog?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• one bolt it to the floor, maybe resuing the bolts from the seat or make a braket that uses the seat bolt,
    or make a small braket that looks like its bolted to the floor, and have it have quick release handle wiht a lil operating tag that says "pull to release box" and connect the handles to the + and - of the battery so when some one grabs them it will gentaly perswade to find another jeep to brake into.

• i have an insta-trunk for sale if you are interested...it has tan carpet tho..but you could always redo it

• Here's what I did... I built my own box but it should work for you. You know those latches that you can use to secure a door closed for lack of time that is what im talking about. You can bolt the one side down to the jeep and then the side wehre the lock slips through on the box, and then insert a lock on it. It will leave the screws exposed so if someone wanted to get under the jeep to try to take the bolts off of it, they took enough time and will get the box no matter how you put it in. But this way you can just put a lock on it which is easily removable by you incase you want to take it out. better than actually bolting the box to the jeep through the box... i'll try to get you a pic of mine later.

• I had two, the only reason was really to keep it from moving. I removed one because it kept interfering with the back seat. The one does the job and the only real way to steal it would be to remove the bolts that go through the body of the jeep, which would be a nightmare to get off seeing as it was hard to get them in there to begin with.

• Josh another way would be to take an eye bolt screw it into the back of the box....run a peice of cable/ bike lock through it and then lock it to the rear floor using the seat mounts.....

easier to steal than the one list before but remember that if someone really wanted something there gonna take it no matter what you do. I mean even if you lock the box down, they can still unscrew the sub from the box and just take the sub leaving you with an empty box. basically you just need something to deter them from taking it. If it looks like it might take time to get it chances are they wont mess with it. People are usually looking for snatch and grab items.....

• Re-use the seat bolts and holes to secure the box down, and install the sub using safety torx (like the one used on Jeep cages with the pin the the center). They are hard to drill our and not to many people have the tools for them.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• How would I secure it? ;D

I would install an electromagnetic door lock flush in the floor & bolt the contact plate to the bottom of the sub. Hide a switch somewhere in the vehicle that releases it. Wire it to a backup battery of some sort.

Thief would have no idea what the hell was going on..... No visible locking mechanisms, no possible chance of prying it out.

http://www.lashen.com/vendors/elyssa/electric_door_locks.asp

EC-MAG1200
    1,200 pounds holding force
    12 Volts DC
    $ 136.00

• haha so in turn you can spend more buying that stuff then the sub and amp! haha

2x 12" JL W6v2's & Box can easily run you $500+

But my idea was kind of whimsical. It would be worth the cost to me just to get to watch one crook try his best to get it out, only to give up in frustration & confusion

• or is there a better way to secure it (like put the amp under my seat, and cable down the box (all for very cheap)

Yeah, place it all under your front right tire and step on the gas. That should make sure no one takes it, subwoofers in a Jeep, geezus what's this world coming to............ :razz:.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!