Factory sub woofer speaker

• Just recently the factory speaker for my sub woofer blew out. I want to replace just the speaker if I can. I have been looking all over to find the right speaker size for it but I am coming up with nothing. Does anyone know the right size? Guess it would help to say its from a 03 wrangler.

• I put a replacement 6" sub in there with the stock amp and it sounds alright... not terrible. I'd give it to you but I already stabbed it with a screwdriver because it was making weird noises (and i have a 12" sub in the back now) and I couldn't get it it stop. So A screwdriver through the center of it did the trick...

• my factory sub keeps cutting in and out probably a loose wire but im thinking of replacing the unit too

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Not stealing the trhead - but if anyone wants to trade the insides of the center console let me know - I'll give you the sub enclosure (trimmed for a 6" sub - and I'll get you a link where to get one), the amp, and the wiring. You give me the empty enclosure you have.

• yea but then you have 0 trunk space... i know there's not much there but i know i keep my strap, my hitch tongue, some spare tools and what not back there along with a sub box i built. That one would completely fill the space...

• Yeah its the same.
    A little over half of it. You can still store stuff on either side of the box.

only if you attach your amp to the actually box. my amp sits on the floor.

no back seat means tons of "trunk space" for me at least

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• that will fit right in with the back seat in there. it just takes up 90% of the room behing the seat.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• I put an 8" open air subwoofer in my console... had to hack down the size of the insert and got rid of almost all my usable space, but I didn't really use it anyway... I put an amp under the back seat to power it.... Open air is not as good as a closed cabinet, but this is a jeep, not a lexus.... It definitely makes a difference... wont win any contests but I don't think I'll be entering any... I got the speaker and amp at the New Castle Farmers Market for like $70.... Haven't regretted it :up: ....

My stereo is an Alpine with another Alpine amp... Biggest thing to get better sound is to unload the stock stereo and get a decent head unit with an amp.... Tough to hear anything if the top is down without it... ;D

• Spend the money on head unit + replacement front speakers (6" rounds will fit) + amp. The factory sub is in a bad spot in general. If you need some bass but want to keep the trunk consider separates up front.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!