Rausch Creek Trail Ride - Sun July 30th (Official Club Ride)

• Did you guys get to go over to the South side of the park? They are opening a new set of trails but right now it's just the main access roads that are open.

Lynn was going to bring the group that did trash pickup in the morning to preview the South side in the afternoon. That doesn't officially open to trail riders until next month...

• hey jeepgnome, when i load your pics they show up really small can barely see them......when they start to load they are full size but once fully loaded they to thumbnails

what browser are you using. Both IE and Firefox have settings for adjust size of pics to fit screen, its probably that.

• Lynn was going to bring the group that did trash pickup in the morning to preview the South side in the afternoon. That doesn't officially open to trail riders until next month...

So that means we have to set up another RC ride for August :driving:

• So that means we have to set up another RC ride for August :driving:

Does the club ever hit paragon anymore? I haven't been to paragon since 2001 and would love to go back and see how it's evolved. From what I've heard and read, most of the wheeling is on the stripmine side of the mountain? Used to be we had to cross turtle trail or icky hill to get over to the valley where all of the trails were (like rattler, impossible hill, etc...)

Also, have we ever considered any road trip-esque trips to places like Tellico, Jellico, Badlands, etc...?

--Randall

• Does the club ever hit paragon anymore? I haven't been to paragon since 2001 and would love to go back and see how it's evolved. From what I've heard and read, most of the wheeling is on the stripmine side of the mountain? Used to be we had to cross turtle trail or icky hill to get over to the valley where all of the trails were (like rattler, impossible hill, etc...)

Also, have we ever considered any road trip-esque trips to places like Tellico, Jellico, Badlands, etc...?

--Randall

The BMJA pig roast is at Paragon. I'll be heading up for that one. From what I heard tho I don't think Paragon will be what I'm looking for when I go wheeling. I'll have to try it out to see for myself tho.

I think others were already planning a Tellico trip too for next year sometime.

• The BMJA pig roast is at Paragon. I'll be heading up for that one. From what I heard tho I don't think Paragon will be what I'm looking for when I go wheeling. I'll have to try it out to see for myself tho.

I think others were already planning a Tellico trip too for next year sometime.

Pig roast, eh? That's a BMJA member thing only though, right? I cant see being a member of two clubs :) Althought thier turkey day turkey fry is usually good :)

I can see where a 10 hour drive to Indiana or Tellico would be out of the realm of possibilities for most people (e.g. those who do not have a tow rig/trailer)

--Randall

• As I understood, it was called Icky Hill because of that rock in the middle (which made the trail icky to get around).

I don't recall anyone ever talking about it anymore nor do they talk about Impossible Hill, or the Intimidator(?). The last thing I heard about Impossible hill was when a group was climbing it in the winter time and someone got stuck in the middle (isn't it always the way). When the guy got out he slipped and slid/fell all the way down the hill, breaking his leg in the process. It's a loooong hill climb.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• As I understood, it was called Icky Hill because of that rock in the middle (which made the trail icky to get around).

I don't recall anyone ever talking about it anymore nor do they talk about Impossible Hill, or the Intimidator(?). The last thing I heard about Impossible hill was when a group was climbing it in the winter time and someone got stuck in the middle (isn't it always the way). When the guy got out he slipped and slid/fell all the way down the hill, breaking his leg in the process. It's a loooong hill climb.

Actually, Impossible hill was neither impossible nor long. I think we're talking about diffnerent trails. You're speaking of 'The Eliminiator' which was then renamed to 'The Cheez Grater'. It was Chris Shontz that fell from the top of the eliminator in the snow. He wasnt driving up it, but looking down from the top. He fell down, broke his leg, and gave himself a hernia. They dropped a winch cable down for him to grab onto and winched him back up and then took him to the hospital :) Impossible hill was just a rocky/wet hillclimb.

Anyway... :)

--Randall

• That's it...ELIMINATOR! That's the one with concrete baracades at the bottom isn't it? The trail usually turns left into a woody, muddy, rocky section a few 100 feet before the baracades.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's it...ELIMINATOR! That's the one with concrete baracades at the bottom isn't it? The trail usually turns left into a woody, muddy, rocky section a few 100 feet before the baracades.

Yes, it was directly opposite the very bottom of Icky Hill which had an 'Impossible by 1998 standards' hill climb with VERY loose rock. Coming down Icky, we'd always skip the VERY last section... :)

I think if I remember right it was also right near the exposed pipeline river crossing.... which is also closed now :)

--Randall

• Well guys, I don't have much of a trail report for ya but I wanted to say that Tina and I had a great time on Sunday. It was great meeting everyone and I hope to be able to do it again soon.

-Tom.

• I finally posted all my pics in my gallery if anyone wants to see them :driving:

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• That was my 1st ride. Had a great time! I have a small video of the Green Stocker going down the hill after our lunch. I'm new to posting so, how do it? HP!

• i cant wait to see my little green monster go down that hill. It was my first ride as well and definently learned alot. I had a blast. The jeep faired pretty well. I looked underneath today after a good washing and there are only a few scrapes and dents in the factory skids. If your unable to post that video maybe you could email it to me as an attachment. Thanks again guys cant wait till the next one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!