Rausch Creek Trail Ride - Sun July 30th (Official Club Ride)

• EDIT: BlueJ has a list in the signup forum. Please sign up there if you plan on going.

We are having a club ride at Rausch Creek Sun July 30th. We currently have some stockers and some modified groups building.

Some will be meeting at the Claymount Wawa, others will be meeting at RC.

• If I can get at least 2 other people interested in a greens/blue run I had a route mapped out from last time through some of the greens and blues that goes through some of the club trails with harder obstacles and bypass. I wanted to try this out so I could take a few more chances then last trip.

Should be an easy ride for stock/low lifts.

• I would like to maybe go but my jeep is completly stock with stock tires.... Since I'm new to this I dont know what the colors mean but if you think i could make it let me know. The only thing that i know i'd have to get is tow points.

• I would like to maybe go but my jeep is completly stock with stock tires.... Since I'm new to this I dont know what the colors mean but if you think i could make it let me know. The only thing that i know i'd have to get is tow points.

Get the tow points and other required equipment for trail rides (Found here - http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=30.0), and you will be good to go. A stock Jeep can usually get through most of the Blue trails at RC without a problem or even any scraping (especially with proper spotting)...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Green = easy, stock-capable trails. Blue = moderate trails, requires bigger tires and skidplates at most parks. Black = harder trails, requires bigger tires, skid plates and a locker. Red = VERY hard. damage is likely, large tires, front&rear lockers and skidplates are required.

some of the trail ratings at Rausch Creek are rated harder than they really are. a stock Jeep shouldn't be able to make it through a blue trail without breaking something or needing to be pulled once or twice. But, I got my stock XJ through blue trails all day and only broke something because I wasn't paying attention (first time there). I even took it on a black trail! at the Paragon offroad park, however, their trails are rated a little more accurately, and some trails are rated slightly easier than what they really are, so taking a stock Jeep on a blue trail at Paragon would be a little "daring" unless you added a lot of skid plates and don't mind getting stuck a lot.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• A stock Suziki can do RC, sure a stock Jeep is fine :) Then again, the suziki was in the hands of the right driver. We almost always have a stock group going out.

I won't be able to make camping, I work Saturday night till about 11:30/midnight.

Ok, those that are definate please post up with what trails you want to do so I can start a list.

• the only thing that really scares me is my tires.....There those crappy Goodyear GSA tires that you cant even get traction on dry grass with....I might have a set of at's by then but not sure.....

• I took a guy with the stock GSAs through the Pine Barrens (ok, all sand and mud, no rocks) and he did fine. if you let air out of the tires, you should be ok. might have to "bump" it to get over a spot or two, but that's natural for small tires.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I went through Pine Barrens with worse then GSA's. It was a rough trip for me, but you'd be surprised what some of these guys can do with tow straps.

Stock Jeeps do pretty well at RC. I wouldn't worry to much, just stay away from the larger mud holes.

• the only thing that really scares me is my tires.....There those crappy Goodyear GSA tires that you cant even get traction on dry grass with....I might have a set of at's by then but not sure.....

I lead a DeJA stock group with my stock Suzuki Sidekick with no skid plates and crappy street tires through all greens @ RC and I only bent a cross member and poked a hole in one of my sidewalls. Only needed strapped once. You should be fine with a stock Jeep (just don't follow me). :innocent: I got some new tires, may go up to try them out. Let ya know closer to the 30th. :peace:

• I did the pines and paragon on he stock 215 gsa just keep of the skinny pedal and get a few spots and you should be fine on blue/green. I'll ride anything if we have enough for blue/black i could be tempted into the blacks for a while now that im fully armored.

but i think a nice green/blue day would be fun as well.

• I personally do not think that you would have aproblem at all on most blues at RC. RC's trails are rated much harder then what they are. As long as you have someone to spot you on some of the harder sections of some of their blues, you'd be fine on the GSAs. Granted this is my personal opinion (especially after seeing a 4 banger on 31's rock every black that I did in mine) It is all about being attentive and listening to your spotter. If I were you, I would just go get a feel for it, and then mod your Jeep. Everyone should do this so that they get a feel for what they really want/need.

Scabz, you need to come on some rides with us and put that thing into an all black ride... We promise no damage as long as you listen to the spotter... :innocent:

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I dont mind trail damage , i'll be up for the next run as black I dont worry about little pops and dents i just waited till i got all my skid plates on so i couldn't do major damage to my DD. Going to order my front locker and new shafts this week, and have an 8.8 and locker getting ready to go in the rear just waiting till hollyoak has the time then i really wont be worried about anything.

nice avatar btw

• I dont mind trail damage , i'll be up for the next run as black I dont worry about little pops and dents i just waited till i got all my skid plates on so i couldn't do major damage to my DD. Going to order my front locker and new shafts this week, and have an 8.8 and locker getting ready to go in the rear just waiting till hollyoak has the time then i really wont be worried about anything.

nice avatar btw

Me and my girl would love to do black trails on the 30th. If there are enough that want to do them, perhaps we could have 2 groups?

--Randallman

p.s. still haven't gotten around to actually joining the club lol... Call me a slacker!

• Slacker! hehe there.

get yourself to the meeting on Sunday and turn in your paperwork! only be $12 since half the year is gone now.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!