anybody up for a Pine Barrens trip?

• Update: Date is set for August 12th. reply here or send me a PM if you want to go, as the meeting locations will not be posted publically. We'll meet somewhere in northern DE at 7:45am and somewhere near the forest at 9am. vague enough? good. :) PM me for the actual locations

you will need solid tow points (hooks or shackles) in the front and rear. a CB radio (handheld will do) is recommended so you know what's going on, and can join in on the chat. a tow strap (with cloth loops, NOT metal hooks) is highly recommended. bug spray and a camera are also suggested. and, don't forget food/drinks (no alchohol), we'll stop by a lake or something relatively scenic to eat.
    -----

for the new guys, the Pine Barrens is a large area in south jersey that's mostly undeveloped forest/swampland. There are a lot of fire trails and sandy access roads through it that are fun to just drive through (most access roads are car-accessible in the summer, fire roads are more fun). And, some sections of soft sand on some of the fire trails and a few mud pits and pond crossings (I'm not kidding, one trail goes along a couple small swamps).

Whatever we do will be stock capable since my bright yellow stock XJ will be in the front. There will be a few harder areas that guys with bigger tires can play in, or stockers can just be silly and test their tow straps. :doh:

This'll be sometime in August. anybody interested? its about an hour from the DE Memorial Bridge. oh, and no park fees. :up:

here are some pics from previous trips... it's a pretty nice area
    http://gallery.jerryhorn.com/newyearsrun
    http://gallery.jerryhorn.com/wharton
    http://gallery.jerryhorn.com/offroad
    http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=790
    http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=795
    http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=799

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• oh, if you want to go, you really do have to post here or PM me, the meeting locations will be sent via PM, not on the public forum.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• shouldn't be as much tight trails as the April trip. gonna skip that side of the forest and so more different trails instead.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I'm leaning toward the 12th because I don't want to do it the week before GWNF. DE4WD is hitting RC that weekend, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

• hehe that'd be interest... post a bogus date and the real locations on here, and PM the real date.

it's a big forest though, so it'll be hard finding us if we don't tell them exactly where and when to be. especially since I don't plan on meeting at the ranger station this time, too well-known a spot.

Jerry / Whatevah

• oh, I talked to some guys who live in the area around Wharton and ride there all the time, they've never heard of any gangs attacking 4x4'ers in the forest or pretending to be stuck to rob people when they stop to help. so that myspace rumor is as bogus as all the other myspace rumors (except the ones about Joo).

Jerry / Whatevah

• sounds like it would be a blast..if its stockable.. count me in, and its not too far..

hmm mudd... i still have to finish getting the mud off mine :bang: :bang: :bang: :cuss:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• oh, I talked to some guys who live in the area around Wharton and ride there all the time, they've never heard of any gangs attacking 4x4'ers in the forest or pretending to be stuck to rob people when they stop to help. so that myspace rumor is as bogus as all the other myspace rumors (except the ones about Joo).

I spend as much time over there as anybody (all alone) and never run into anybody who wasn't friendly or helpful. ;D

• I spend a lot of time in Wharton mostly canoeing and kayaking, along with fishing. Met alot of people down there and everyone has always been helpful, or just quiet. Never had a problem.

Its not like it is completely in the middle of no-where either. A lot of the park is rather busy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!