Decision time

• Modify the KJ or trade in for an Unlimited Rubicon? 10

1. Unlimited Rubicon (8) 80%
    2. Further modify the KJ (2) 20%

I have been pondering the idea of further modifying the KJ with lockers, bumpers, etc. But I cannot decided if it is really worth it or should I just go ahead and get an Unlimited Rubi before the 06 model year runs out.

Thanks.

Any advice or input on the matter would be appreicated.

• LWB Rubi....i like the way they look when their lifted, im thinking of trading in my swb TJ in early next year for a leftover 06 LWB rubi :suspicious:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Keep the KJ.

Someone had to say it. :razz:

I like the way the KJs look lifted too. But because they don't have a solid axle up front, I'd go with the LJ.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Rubi. There's an orange one, a silver one and a red one all in the Dover area. They're all lifted and riding on 33s or 35s and they all look badass. There would be no question in my mind...especially if my wife was riding around in a TJ.

• Hmmmm...we're kinda close on this issue, me having had a really nice KJ as well. I miss my KJ. It looked great, did most everything I needed it to do, was really comfortable on the hot summer rides, or cold winter rides. I love people stopping me in the parking lots to say how cool it looked, and all the mechanics at the Jeep dealer, etc. coming out of their bays to see it. Camp Jeep was really great, not too many lifted KJs out back then. So, considering all of that, I'd have to say...

GET THE LWB RUBI.

Other than the KJ looking aesthetically pleasing in the driveway, my TJ is a much more fun, capable, modify-able, enjoyable vehicle. I never liked the limited amount of "stuff" for the KJ, and it still couldn't compete with that first Spring day that the top came off of the TJ. After making the jump, I've never really missed the KJ. Having BOTH for those very few weeks was really nice, but gas mileage considerations prevailed. It'll be really hard to walk away from the KJ in the dealer's lot, but once you drive away, you'll be fine. If I was gonna do it, I'd do it now so I could enjoy a little top off time before the weather changes.

...and NO HARDTOP!!! (my opinion)

• BTW...I'm going through the same thing. I see '06 white Rubis with full doors (and maybe A/C...maybe) and think...hmmm...get one now!!!

• BTW...I'm going through the same thing. I see '06 white Rubis with full doors (and maybe A/C...maybe) and think...hmmm...get one now!!!

do it steve
    get the white rubi

[size=6pt]tho i gotta say i will be so jealous [/size]

• DO THE RUBI!

The guy with the orange LJ stays down the street from me sometimes and that thing is badass. He's got a 4" lift with MT Streetlocks and 35" nitto mud grapplers. I did'nt really care for them until I saw his now I am in love.

• I looked at a few yesterday and a white LJ Rubi up in Smyrna. They had several regular unlimiteds all with employee pricing. The Rubi was $27K and the standard LJ were around $22K. The real deciding factor is how much they would give me on trade. I could also go the route of selling the KJ myself.

I still cant decide.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!