Scout 44 progress... Fianlly

• Well after sitting on these F&R Scout 44s for the last 3 months, I finally got started. Today I Pulled the drums, drained the fluid, dissasembled the brakes, pulled the axles and cleaned up a bunch of parts. The axles look perfect. If all goes well, I will order the gears and lockers tuesday or wed.

I've decided that I will probably go with 4:10 gears, rear detroit front
    tru-trak. Lots of little details to work out. but all in all it should turn out well.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I just got done building my axles and if I may make a suggestion. go with cevy outers and disk brakes rear. the rotors and drums are $100 ea and in the end you can end up with much better set up brakes with histeer for about hte same amount of money and it will cost alot less in the future to maintain

• The way I will go for now is to reuse the rear drums. I think they can be cut once. Then all I need is shoes, springs and rear brake cylendars. I may go disc later. The fronts will use my Dana 30 outers with my current discs, hubs, calipers and axle stubs. I reacently bought all that stuff. For right now it's about making the budget.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Aren't Scout brake parts hard to get, or is that just for the early ones? I wonder if Jeep brakes will bolt up?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• yeah the scout stuff only comes new from bendix and has to be ordered. the dana 30 stuff will work great but will be a weaker than the chevy 44 stuff... good luck in your build

• Give me a yell when you get the parts. I am moving to a new house next weekend, so I will have a new 2 car garage to fill up. I should have some time after the Sept Neuroc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!