Wrangler beats a Commander Taco style.

• I dont think it would have been that fast. 35-45 maybe. The roof prolly arnt designed to take a freak accident like that. The TJ just hit it enought to spin it out and then the curb popped it into the pole. A cage might have saved hit. Nothing short of it tho. My prayers go out to all involved. :(

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Most all metal traffic poles are designed to snap off at the base with a hard enough impact as a safety function. I would think something as massive as a commander would break the pole before you would get the much impingement into the passenger compartment. You can see spaces in the roof for the dual sunroofs. Either those sunroofs seriously compromise the structural integrity of the roof or those vehicles are just plain not built that strong. And look at the way the entire vehicle folded around the pole. It's not just the roof folded in; the lower frame folded as well. The Jeep just wrapped that pole and it's not that big of a pole. It's not even connected to any wires up top that would help hold it upright against an impact. I've seen a lot smaller vehicles hit much meatier poles and fair better than that. He may as well have been driving a Miller Lite can.

• Dover has to get some sort of pole collision. All those idiots down at DelState and the Racetrack. Yea buddy, that kinda accident brings the pucker factor up to a whole new level. All we get up here is people running in front of cars...

&quot;Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.&quot;

• We had a Liberty strike and snap a pole a few months back and close down 13 southbound from N State St. to Lepore Rd. The Liberty faired a lot better than that Commander.

• We had a Liberty strike and snap a pole a few months back and close down 13 southbound from N State St. to Lepore Rd. The Liberty faired a lot better than that Commander.

If its the one im thinking of it was across from pizza hut where the new bank is. That Libby did fair pretty well in that one. We had a girl in Little Creek on RT 9 roll her Firebird into a tree that way, it hit right before the T-tops. Amazingly, she survied with only a lower leg injury.

Quick dana 35 test: kick one of the rear tires. If the axle breaks, it&#039;s a 35<br />01 TJ Sahara<br />TJ- 4.0 5spd, 8.8, RE 4.5&quot; lift, RC X-Flex Arms, 1&quot; BL w/ MM Lift, Clayton/JKS Trackbars, 33&#039;s, Rusty&#039;s Rock Bumpers, XRC Sliders, PIAA&#039;s, Delta H4 Conv, CB, Skids<br />Future Mods: Going back to 3&quot; springs with Johnny Joints on all the arms.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!