Wrenchin' on Saturday *PICS ADDED*

• I am going to be in the garage on Saturday putting a 2" lift on the XJ if anyone is interested. An extra set of hands always helps out and of course beer and pizza on me. It should only take a couple of hours, if you are free and interested please post up and I will PM my address. I am looking to start late morning (i.e. 9-10 ish). Thanks! :wavey:

• wish I could help... working 9-6. have fun :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I have a small job to do first thing on Saturday if it goes good I should bee done buy 12 I can stop buy when I get done .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• I posted it in modifications because there are already two "wrenchfests" posted there, buy your right mine is a "wrenchin'" fest, so that's waaaaay different. Psst, that was sarcasm by the way...... :razz:.

Where are you doing it, I might be able to lend a hand?

I am doing a 2" lift using full length AALs from a donor pack as well as swapping out the front coils for a set of V8 ZJ ones. The rear is no biggie, I have done tons of leaf lifts, it's that new fangled coil spring front that is foreign territory.............. :doh:.

• I am doing a 2" lift using full length AALs from a donor pack as well as swapping out the front coils for a set of V8 ZJ ones. The rear is no biggie, I have done tons of leaf lifts, it's that new fangled coil spring front that is foreign territory.............. :doh:.

I was wondering where as in location, when it said up north, you mean northern DE. I'm not to far from the DE border, and I'm pretty good with coil springs (did my own spacer lift in my driveway and managed to get the springs back in after on a few hours ;D)

• What tools you using? Gota love having access to a top quality spring compressor and air tools...I'v changed out the front coils in my XJ in about 20 mins :razz:

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• What tools you using? Gota love having access to a top quality spring compressor and air tools...I'v changed out the front coils in my XJ in about 20 mins :razz:

It looks like you've got 3-4 people to help out which should be plenty for that simple of a Lift, If anyone backs out and you need a hand my numbers in the members sections still I believe? If not pm me. Dont hesitate to gimme a ring I can swing by.

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• It looks like you've got 3-4 people to help out which should be plenty for that simple of a Lift, If anyone backs out and you need a hand my numbers in the members sections still I believe? If not pm me. Dont hesitate to gimme a ring I can swing by.

Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. I do have air tools but no spring compressor, as I was told I won't need one. I am not going with drastic lift springs so I was hoping that if I got the jeep up in the air on jackstands and then jacked up on one side of the axle the stock spring would just fall out of the other side (well, maybe with a little motivation!). Then I would install the other spring in the same fasion. Maybe I will swing by autozone and rent a spring compressor just in case (unless you can lend me yours?). Like you said with several guys this should be a breeze of a project, so that should leave us plenty of time to take care of the important things like drinking beer! I'm all for less work and more beer, but hey, that's just me. If we do get done fairly quickly I know of a certain YJ sitting in the driveway, and a certain 8.8 rear sitting in the garage, hmmmm I wonder what we could do with them............... :innocent:.

• No problem. You pry wont need one but their always nice to have. I dont have one, I Just had access to my friends fathers shop who had everything I could ever want (a plug: I think hes renting out some shop space on appleton rd with a post type Lift and huge air tank....Its a huge space so Im sure Its not cheap). But yea you should be able to get the coil out in the fashion you said. Unbolt shocks 1st, 2nd sway bar links...give It a shot in the Jacking one side up and hoping coil comes out....If not your gonna have to drop the track bar (axle mount side) which may or may not cause you to have to have an alignment..If you cant get the coil out with the trackbar dropped then dont waste anymore time, go get the compressor, not worth unbolting rusted control arms.

• Sorry I did not make it to help put your lift on . I got jammed up whit the clutch job I was doing today they gave me the wrong clutch set . Had to run around this morning to find one . got it done at at 5:30 .

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Sorry I did not make it to help put your lift on . I got jammed up whit the clutch job I was doing today they gave me the wrong clutch set . Had to run around this morning to find one . got it done at at 5:30 .

No problem man, my wife said you called but she forgot exactly who it was. I would like to say a BIG thanks to J-Man (Jason) and DonsATV (Donnie), you guys were a HUGE help. Okay, who am I kidding, you weren't a huge help, you freakin' did all of the work (I sure am good at handing you all tools though :up:). We got the lift on the Cherokee without a problem and netted about 3" in the rear and 1.5" in the front. It has a nice stance right now and will clear the 30X9.50's without a problem. I will post up some pics. tomorrow.

• Here is the end result, sorry for pic. quality it is getting ready to rain. After a couple of days of settling I ended up getting 1 3/4" up front and 2 1/2" in the rear. It clears the 30's no problem which for my DD that will see limited off road use I am very pleased with the stance. Overall I would recommend it as an economical way to gain a few inches (I only had around $40.00 out of pocket for new rear u-bolts and spring clamps.).

Center of the wheel to the bottom of the front flare....

Center of the wheel to the bottom of the rear flare....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!