yes another 3.73 gears question

• My jeep is an 01 6cyl auto. Currently running 33.12.50.15 Mtrs on 3.73s which runs awesome.
    I am going to 4.5in RE springs with an inch body and would like to go 35s or 36s.
    I really am not concerned with the off road performance like rock crawling etc. the only off road my jeep really gets is construction sites
    beach during the summer snow in the winter and some mud from time to time.
    Right now I am running close to 3000rpm at 60mph and I was kinda hopin the tad bit bigger tires would calm that down some.
    I know my low end speeds will be lagging a little but thats ok till I get the money for some bigger gears.
    Basically my question would be will the 3.73s hold up for the few months that it may take me to save up for the gears?

Eddie: Don't even bother.

• A few months....probably

A few years......probably not.

Not that'll take you that long to save, but just to help with perspective.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• 3 or 4 speed auto? I have a 3 speed and rode around with 35s and 307s for quite a while. Your 373s will be a little better. It wasnt too bad just lacked some pickup, but i cruised nicely on the highway. As for durability, you should be fine also, since your not beating on it like i did.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• you'll be fine ryan lol Just do it... like i said though my only oncern would be the weight of a 36 (since only super swamper makes them) but either way you should be fine...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!