Josh (Joo)
    Andrew (BlueJ)

Black:
    Tony (Damutt)
    Ed (The Mistaken)

Red:
    Ian (clendaniel)
    Aaron (Astape)

Please post up if you can help fill in any more spots.
    I'd like to have tail gunners for each of the above groups: Post up who you want to tail gunner for.
    I also need someone to run the 50/50 raffle. Patty will have her hands full with the main raffle table so I need someone to just do the 50/50.

********I'd like to have all these people up there as close to 7:30 as possible***********************

Thanks
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Edited once, last by Wolverine ().

• How many people are we planning to run with each guide? I know that I'd prefer to only have about 5 in a group. It makes guiding easier when you get to a tough section and spotting people through is needed (it doesn't take as long as it would with a group of 10). Plus there is less a diverse group and you do not need to worry about hitting trails for everyones personal want... When everyone starts to line up we should have 6 lines line 1 - greens only, line 2 greens/blues, line 3 blues only, line 4 blues/blacks, line 5 blacks only, and line 6 reds. Then from there split the line into equal groups depending on how many guides there are. just my opinion as to how we could run things a little smoother instead of having a gagle of people all mixed up.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• wow with the amount of suspected people that are coming out for this we need more guides for sure... I would expect groups of 10 or more atleast and we may have to do a pre tech to make sure that the persons jeep is capable of running the trails we are going to run......

• Like Tony said "We probably will get about 8 - 10 jeeps per group but if one is a trail guide and one is a tail gunner you really only need to worry about 4 jeeps each. I already have the whole lining up procedure in place and hopefully when we get there at 7:30 Lynn will give us a list of trails to run so each guide can pick which ones they want. You will be following a trail map not just going out on your own. Lynn has the whole park laid out so we don't end up with groups on top of each other.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• If it turns out anything like the Make a Wish ride in June, you will probably have 10 people per group easily.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Just some info for the green guides

I'm planning on running a green group through some of the easier blue rocks if everyone in the group is up for it. I'm going to try to avoid most of the muddy west side trails like 11 and 19 since we have a mad amount of rain and I always loose important parts or fluids on those trails. I do plan on hitting "Hills" in the 101 trail, that should be pretty wet and slippery. Are any of the other green guides taking a really muddy route?

Also two questions:

Are all the guides planning on meeting at one spot for lunch or are we just going on our own for the day?
    What time are we planning on meeting back at the staging area for raffle's and end stuff?

• Well first of all I'm not sure that the guides will have a choice as to what trails they run. Lynn has all the trails already set up for each guide. That way we don't have 3 guides trying to run the same trails that day. She will hand them to me first thing in the morning so if you want to look at them and pick a set of trails that will be fine. This just helps keep everyone from climbing all over each other. As far as lunch thats up to the individual guides. You can do as you please for that.

As far as timing. I'd like everyone gone no later then 9 am. So realistically 9:15 and I'd like to have everyone back by 3pm. I'm going to start the raffles at 3:30 so there is a half our leway there. I'm hoping people will get back at 3 and then spend some more money on raffles while waiting until 3:30. So please try to be back here as close to 3 as possible.

I am going to try to have a guide meeting at 7:30 so please try to be there by then.

Thanks
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I'm glad to hear the suggestions and chatter, it means the JFJ ride is almost here! My YJ is still pulled apart getting both ends locked up, but I expect her home tomorrow. I'm sure Lynn will lay out some good trails. I'm not a big fan of mud, and if I'm guiding stockers I would not try anything to deep or soupy (just enough to lay on some of that "Red Neck Camo". See you all around 7 a.m.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Well first of all I'm not sure that the guides will have a choice as to what trails they run. Lynn has all the trails already set up for each guide. That way we don't have 3 guides trying to run the same trails that day.

Not getting all bunched up is a great idea, but my only concern is the two rides I've been on were the trails were planned out before, both times the plans got scrapped, or altered greatly because of trail conidtions, group comfort levels and/or a stuck vehicle. It seemed to be difficult to follow the plans with so much changes. I know the MD benefit that just seperated the groups by having some groups run east before lunch and west after and others run west then east. We never even saw the other blue group, and only passed by one of the black groups. I don't think they had as many planned attendence, but they had alot.

I'll follow whatever will make it easier tho, I'm not saying I'm going to throw a wrench in it and mess with the plan, just voicing a concern.

• I'm open to any and all suggestions. Coming from someone who has never attended a group ride (actually I usually avoid them like the plague) I hope I can do you guys justice on this one. I'm trying to listen to all who have attended large organized rides before and listen to what they liked and not liked.
    Lynn is great to work with also. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I'm open to any and all suggestions. Coming from someone who has never attended a group ride (actually I usually avoid them like the plague) I hope I can do you guys justice on this one. I'm trying to listen to all who have attended large organized rides before and listen to what they liked and not liked.
    Lynn is great to work with also. :up:

Yes, Lynn and Bruce were both great to work with at Land Rover ride I was at last week, but Bruce stated it early on that things never go as well as planned :bang: . I guess it really depends on how many groups we are going to have out there. If the groups are given more of an area to run at different times (i.e run east morning, west afternoon or break it down further) I think it will allow a little more adjustment to trail conditions and groups. I know if I end up with a group larger then say 5 or so there are some trails I would avoid because its impossible to keep a group that size together on them. I've been to a few of events like this and the only thing that really turned me off at the one event was that the trail guide kinda ran his own stuff rather then adjusting to the group.

Also, for the raffle do we have some sort of PA system. The rock raiders run had a megaphone thing and without it I think it would have been impossible to hear him calling the tickets. (just a random thought)

Again, just my opinions in this post.

• My wife, Terianne, would like to help out with getting the proper paperwork filled out.

Let me know if there is something different that you need her for.

• Yes we have a megaphone and tell Terriane that she's now on the list
    Thanks guys :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• i would stagger the jeeps as to when they leave and as to where they are heading up other wise you are gonna have a traffic jam at the first few trails. i will run anything you pick out for me trail wise on the blues, even stockers if you need another guide.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I'm planning on having the guides line up in the morning and when they get "X" amount of jeeps behind them they leave. That way the groups are staggard.

:up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!