December 10'th Wrenchfest Pictures

• These are from this past thursday when we were wrenching @ The Mistaken's place. We ripped the suspension out of Matty's jeep and put it in Josh's. Ed also swapped transfer cases with Matty's jeep too. It was really cold and windy.

[Post edited at moderator request]

Funniest part of the day:

• you could call that a joke rule if you wrench by my place, the 3 1/2 yr old is gonna help (if you can call it that)

But he adds some enjoyment, pain, annoyance, and fun into the project. he likes to fix the tires when they are off a vehicle, just keeps hitting them with a wrench, then informs me they are all fixed!

gotta love kids

• you could call that a joke rule if you wrench by my place, the 3 1/2 yr old is gonna help (if you can call it that)

But he adds some enjoyment, pain, annoyance, and fun into the project. he likes to fix the tires when they are off a vehicle, just keeps hitting them with a wrench, then informs me they are all fixed!

Does he throw up on you too? :laughing:

• when he was a baby, yes that did happen a few times!! It is amazing what you can clean up when it comes from your child. I am a sympthay puker, but his and my daughters never seemed to bother me, dont know why, guess it is just part of having children.

• 1. Matt's Jeep is working perfect. Everything went together better on Saturday Morning. Last night I actually took the budget boost and 33s off and sold them for him. Got true stock height with stock Sport tires and wheels. took her around the block this morning and everything was great. I did however forget to do the alignment.... Ooops. And now with like 30 bucks worth of new bolts and nuts the jeep is stock again...

2. I hate puke and just about throw up everytime that happens to me. Jamie (slick) start gaging and almost throwing up onto Josh's jeep.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• my condolences to whoever buys Matty's jeep from the dealership; I'll leave it at that.

Hey bud - as the owner of this jeep still, can you tell me what exactly condolences are needed for?

A local shop estimated 500 to fix just the suspension. Most of that is just tightening up things that aren't tightened, putting in cam bolts etc.. but it's stuff that I don't have time for at this point. Thats not to mention the humming coming from somewhere in the driveline that sounds like either my rear diff or xfer case is going to blow up.

• It was really cold and windy and my condolences to whoever buys Matty's jeep from the dealership; I'll leave it at that.

thats nice :censored: remind me never to buy a jeep off this website. :tdown:

• Well it now has a transfer case with 170k miles on it? You had to have known that when you made arrangements with Ed to swap with him. We didn't realize the Warn diff guard had longer bolts until the guy who picked up your diff cover had already left. Josh has spent a couple of days straightening out all his work, I would imagine it's expected to have some post-wrenching tuning to do after replacing an entire suspension & transfer case.

• thats nice :censored: remind me never to buy a jeep off this website. :tdown:

sorry about that.i in no way meant to offed anyone in deja who works on there vehicles with respect to there vehicle and other people.

• but if matty was paying you guys to do it, it should be right, even if it wasnt it should be right with no "tuning" involved. the Tcase he knew about but the other stuff should be fine.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• but if matty was paying you guys to do it, it should be right, even if it wasnt it should be right with no "tuning" involved. the Tcase he knew about but the other stuff should be fine.

First off, this wasn't anything involving everyone. This needs to go to PM's for anymore issues.

Second, we were not "paid" to do this. Neither was Ed as far as I'm aware. We just took everything off, and paid Matt. We did the work ourselves.

• And, the Jeep is not being sold off this website -- It's being sold at a dealership.
    [/quote]

ooooo.so thats makes it ok then.stupid me

• The dealership heard the humming noise I'm sure and should be aware of the issue. They will fix it no doubt.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I knew about the transfer case. I'm cool with the miles on it. I was just curious what exactly you meant to see if there was anything I hadn't discovered yet. I understand the diff covers and you're right I did have the longer bolts in there for the cover and can put on the originals no problem. No need to start a flame war or anything. Those who know me realize I wouldn't want that. I just wanted to be informed of what the hell happened to my jeep. It sucked enough that I couldn't be down there to help and see what was happening.

When I had it appraised it was modified with no sounds or humming coming from anywhere. They offered me $x as a trade as is. If I could get it back to stock, I help out some people by getting them some parts a little cheaper than usual, help put some money down on the new car, and still get the same amount I figured it would be a win win. When I take it in now and if they re-appraise it I don't want that problem to lower my trade in value. With how messed up the alignment is I'm a little worried to drive it down there TBH.

• I knew about the transfer case. I'm cool with the miles on it. I was just curious what exactly you meant to see if there was anything I hadn't discovered yet. I understand the diff covers and you're right I did have the longer bolts in there for the cover and can put on the originals no problem. No need to start a flame war or anything. Those who know me realize I wouldn't want that. I just wanted to be informed of what the hell happened to my jeep. It sucked enough that I couldn't be down there to help and see what was happening.

There is nothign else that Zeke or I are aware of being wrong. I took everything apart, and I made sure that we had everything for it. The condolcence comment was directed toward the diff bolts in the rear ( which is easy enough to fix ) and the TCase you are aware of.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!