Looking for Slip Yoke Eliminator Install Help!

• I am looking for the help of an experienced/backyard mechanic who has installed a Slip Yoke Eliminator on an NP231 transfer case.

I am planning on getting an SYE and new drive shaft for my my XJ in the next couple of months and need some help with the install. Anyone every done this mod themselves, successfully, that might be willing to help me out or at least hang out and walk me through the work. The instructions I have read online don't make it look that difficult. I've installed lifts and do all my own maintenance, so I am pretty confident in my mechanical skills and I really want to do this modification myself but my XJ is my daily driver and I am a little bit leery about cracking open my T-case, such a vital drivetrain component, without any prior experience in this area. I also feel having someone with experience to help me out on this job would ensure that it is completed in a day or weekend at the most.

I am looking to do this sometime in the early Spring, late March or April, when it warms up a bit. We can do the work at my house, I have the garage and all the necessary hand and air tools or I would be happy to bring it to somebody else's shop or garage if you are more comfortable working with your own tools. I am willing to pay an experienced person in the form of a case beer of their choice, lunch and $100 cash. Anyone have this experience that is willing to help me out?

Also if anyone has experience with SYE install and feels it is more difficult than it looks and should be left to a professional, I would appreciate your input as well.

• Its easy, i am actually doing one tonight on a TJ at my house...

• Sounds liek the install isn't so bad.

Yeah I intended to pull the T-case, I hear that can be a pain but I think I can handle that part. Like I said I am looking ahead a couple of months so I will get in touch with you when I get the parts. Thanks!

• I have done a dozen or so. When you are ready post something and if I have the time between Werock races I can help. By spring the new bay of my garage might be done too.

Aaron

• If all my stuff gets here I'll be doing my first one next weekend. If you want to swing by and watch to see what you're getting yourself into your are more than welcome. Good pointing and laughing skills are required.

• i did XJ99s sye on his cherokee, i did mine, guy at work and another buddies...they are easy, i have a heated garage so it only took me a little while friday night...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!