Everybody Please Read This!!!!!!!

• I just wanted to remind everyone that the Light the Night walk is on Friday night from 5-9 PM on the grounds of Duponts Childrens Hospital. This is the same hospital we take the toys to for the Toy Run we do annually. Anyway we would like to have atleast 15 people from the club help out with this walk so we can hand out flyers about the toy run. We will have a tent set up and would like to have a number of people to help out and also to walk as a group to help promote our clubs toy run. The first 15 people will get DEJA Lights the Night T-Shirts to walk in so our club stands out. Could anyone interested in helping out please sign up on this thread so we have an idea of how many people to expect. Right now I believe it will be Bob Allen and his wife and son, Myself and my wife and kids and I believe Paul M. I know others have expressed interest but if you can definitely make it let us know. By the way we do have a link at the top of our home page for donations to this great cause so please help us out any way possible.
    Thank you in advance for your cooperation,
    Brian :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• My wife, Bear, and I will be there.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'm sorry but I still don't know if I will be there or not. But I will submit my donation on the link just in case I can't be there.

• THANKS for posting this Brian, we do still need peope to help out with this. This is not only a great cause, but a great way to promote our benefit run as well. PLEASE PLEASE come out and walk with us, or donate on the DeJA Light the Night Page.

For those of you stating above that you are coming to this event, I believe Bob Allen, who's running this, would like everyone to donate on the link listed above. It's $25 per person to walk, and we're combing all of our entry fees into a club donation for this. So please sign up and donate on that page BEFORE this Thursday so all of hte money is accounted for, and we know who will be there.

Any questions, contact me or Bob Allen (hurrcane)

Paul

• so we need to donate to the page not bring a $25 check with us. I just need to be 100% sure since me and the wife will both be donating and dont have the money to do it on the page and when we get there.....

• Tony

When you donate on the page, it sends an email to Bob with who has paid and how much. You will not need to pay twice. I haven't done the donation page yet myself, I'm waiting to see if Selena is able to go. I'll be doing it tonight or tomorrow most likely, and can let you know how it works first if you want.

Paul

• Its pretty easy to do. I did it individually for each of us thought. I was afraid if I donated one sum under my name, my wife and kids may not be registered.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Yeah, it's like Brian said, real easy to do. Just follow this link to the DeJA Light the Night Donation Page, fill in the amount to donate in the little box ($25 per person), and hit the continue button, then it takes you to your normal credit card submission form type page.

I'd suggest, even though it's more work and a pain in the butt, to do it as Brian did, separate donations for each person so everyone is registered.

I'll be there! :up:

• Just wanted to bring this thread to the top of the home page again since this event is Friday Evening. We still have 24 hours or so to donate on our page.
    Thanks for your patience
    Brian :peace: :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• We're down to 2 days left, and only $275 in our donation total. I was really hoping to get closer to $500 as a club to donate to the hospital.
    Think it's not worth your 2 minutes to go to this page, pull out your credit card and donate $5 or $10?? :question:

Consider this:
    [list]-Every five minutes, someone in this country is diagnosed with blood cancer.

-Every nine minutes, someone dies.

-Leukemia is the leading cause of disease-related death among children under age 15.

-Lymphomas are the most common blood cancers.

-The myeloma survival rate is only 30 percent.[/list:u]

Honestly, it's only a few minutes, a simple form, and a couple of dollars. I know money is tight for everyone, but if you can spare a few $$$, please help us raise our total for this. It's real easy, just go TO OUR DONATION PAGE

I promise it's the last time I'll ask.....

• Now I don't think I will be able to be there but I did send my $25. It is very easy to do and it only takes a couple minutes.

• Hey Everyone,

We have a total of eleven people who have donated so far. We have a total of ten that has confirmed that they would be participating in the walk. The club has bought 15 shirts for this event. The shirt is Red in color, has our Toy Run Logo on the front and has The Light the Night Logo on the back.
    Basically, if you donate $25.00 and help us out by participating in the walk, you are getting a one of a kind Club T-Shirt for the cost of $25.00.

Thanks, Bob Allen

(WE NEED FIVE MORE VOLUNTEERS)

• Light the Night is tomorrow (friday) nite. I wanted to let everyone that has donated so far, know that we really do appreciate your donations. We have had a total of twelve people donate. Two of those twelve are unable to attend the event, therefore we do have 5 Light the Night shirts that are still available. If anyone feels uncomfortable donating online, you can also donate in person at the walk.

• how about some good directions for us dover poeple. I lan on looking htem up from mapquest later but hte are so fd all the time that I would prefer if one of you guys would give me good directions from dover

• do these direction sound right

Take 95 north, take the exit for Route 202 North / Concord Pike. At the third light on Concord Pike, make a left onto Route 141 South (you will pass Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals on your right). At the second traffic light on Route 141 South, you will turn left and come to a light at AI DuPont Hospital

• the wife and I wont be there until like 6:30 or 7 I hope this is ok this is the absolute earliest we can get there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!