Paragon oct 2

• Ian (clendaniel) and I (paul-prm99v6) are going to paragon for the open ride on sat. THis was a last minute thing. If anyone wants to go, we are leaving from his house in Bear at 6am. You can call me in the am (early) at 302-218-2492. We have to be at paragon ready to hit the trail at 9.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• This was a last minute trip but had a blast! We decided that since we missed last weeks DeJA run and it was the open ride weekend that we'd venture up. Hadn't been on one of Paragon's open rides and didn't quite know what to expect...it definitely has the possibility of being a long slow day depending on those in the group. We ended up with a pretty solid group that thinned a little during the day.

To start out and as a fun diversion a couple of us tried the mud pit (alot of water on top...up over my hood making my snorkel a good investment!) along pipeline before tackling Rattler and then Rattler's Tail...one of the TJ's wth us broke his driver side front shaft (warn high alloy) and Paul got more than a little light in the rear with a good amount of air under his passenger rear. The other XJ in our group (looked like 4.5" w/ 32's and only locked in the rear) decided that they'd had enough after much complaining from the significant other in the passenger seat so they headed out. After breaking for lunch we proceded over to M trail, then Drumstick, and finally Chcken Run.

Paul's XJ performed well...no damage besides a couple well placed dents, some reshaping in the rockers, and a tweaked exhaust.

Mine did awesome as well, it was the first trip with my new 36" Iroks (yup, finally said screw the Trxus MTs). Having learned a thing or two on Rattler the last time I managed to make it through with my brakes and driveshaft intact. The afternoon went well until I managed to puncture a sidewall on my new Irok :upset: (yeah, irony's a b*tch...I'm just _really_ good at trashng tires!) Other than that I made it through the day with just a little tweakng of my as-yet-unfinished rockers...didn't even _touch_ the bed :laughing:

Paul will likely be along sooner or later with pics...

--Ian

• Yes had a great time. With the new rear springs (and front) sitting now at at leat 8 inches of lift and not having to worry about disintgritating lift blocks, the truck performed admirably. As Ian stated he's good at trashing tires because now with 2 trips to paragon on my truxus mt's (knock on wood) I have been trouble free. :rasp: But Ian will have to help me with the pics and some video clips. I think this sat. I we will be bringing abbys tj up and hitting the stock group. cant wait.

oh and alomst forgot, that mus puddle, well without having my drain plugs in, we had about 6 inches of water in the truck, that how deep it was, but we made it through without a snag!

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Sounds like you guys had a blast. Can't wait to get back up there next Saturday. See you guys then. And Ian, maybe its time to try a new Brand of tire. :laughing:

-Chris

• Quote from "2000sahara"

All i have to say is M T R s

:rasp: :rasp: At this moment I don't think it's the tire...it's gotta be me :shrug: I'd bet money I can trash a MTR too! Seriously, the Irok's are supposedly based on the bogger's carcass and that's one tough SOB.

--Ian

• Your kiddin yourself if you think an MTR can come close to being as tough as a IROK or any other Interco tire for that matter. Traction and ride are debatable. No such thing as a perfect tire there is always some kind of compromise.

• I wasnt saying the mtr was stronger than an Irock but both myself and quadna beat the hell out of the set of mtrs i have and have had no problems.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• man I really got to get back out on the trail! Whose flatty was that? I like how cut of the fender wells. It's cool seeing the MJs and KJs out on the trail.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!