Cold weather camping/wheeling

• I had a great time at GWNF and was wondering if anyone was interested in a weekend camping/wheeling trip again.

• Sure, once I figure out this clutch problem. I have a lot of cold weather gear, my friends and I do a lot of backpacking and all. A snowshoe trip would be good when the deep snow falls.

• Paragon is fun in the snow.

What's wrong with your clutch? Is it slipping or not engaging until the petal is close to the floor?

Clutches "wear high"; when they are ready to need replacing they will disengage very soon after pushing in the petal. You can adjust them a little with the turnbuckle style linkage running from the bell crank to the throw out bearing fork. You want about 1½" of play in the petal before disengagement.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am good with it. I love the cold but where would we winter camp at for paragon. red ridge is closed but i am sure rauch creek would let us.....

maybe I will have the jeep done in time for a january trip or late november

• Quote from "DISH"

I would like to do another GWNF trip, but I know its kind of far away. RC would work.

I'd like to do another GWNF trip.

RC is 4 hours for me, what's one more hour...

• It would have to because late November you have Thanksgiving and we all know how fast Christmas comes up after that.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• To answer the question about the clutch, I just had a centerforce II put in and droce to CT and it was fine but on the way home it started "surging" like it was engaging and disengaging when I was on the highway. I talked to centerforce and am gonna drive it more and see. It has been fine since I got back so it may have been some one time thing hopefully.

• well since I wont be able to go to rauch (since the jeep isnt done again) I am going to do some local camping on the weekend of the 23 and 24th if anyone is interested. probably at killens pond or trap pond not sure which yet let me know if anyone is interested

• Well lets say first or second weekend of November, can we have a show of hands which would be better. I can do either. And have to bring good firewood this time!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!