super 35???

• anyone had any experience with the alloy axleshafts??? was wondering if i could juice my 35 up to take a little more beating.(fyi: i know all about swaps... i asked about these axles..) lol

• From what i have heard is that it isn't worth the money. All you are doing is polishing a turd. There is supposedly many weak points to the 35 that aren't looked at with the super 35 kit. With that being said. I ran my stock D35 with 33's on pretty much ever black trail at RC and quite a few at Paragon without any problems. I babied it, but it got me down the trails that i wanted to run at the time.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I heard differently that with the upgrade it worked very well for many people. Is it worth it? Cash wise I don't think so.

People didn't have to baby it from what I've heard....

http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=5813.0

http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=9372.0

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/…ticleDetail.jsp?id=261220

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/reviews/super35d/

For the cost of the super 35, I'd got find a D44 out of a junkyard.

• my super 35 lasted 150 miles on the street, personally i think it was install error but the shop was pretty reputable.

• move the weak point to what?? alloy shafts, if you get alloy r&p.. all thats left is spiders right?? 30 min swapout!! just seems like a lot of the upgrading is a little unnecessary. just so someone can grunt about how big their axle is. right?? 90% of the jeeps on this site spend more time on the road than off. so if i break a spider gear once out of every 3 trips... and i wheel monthly... new spiders=$30 on ebay.. yearly cost of keeping the d35???? 120 bucks a year. so how many years would it take to equal buying and installing a new axle? :shrug:

• move the weak point to what?? alloy shafts, if you get alloy r&p.. all thats left is spiders right?? 30 min swapout!! just seems like a lot of the upgrading is a little unnecessary. just so someone can grunt about how big their axle is. right?? 90% of the jeeps on this site spend more time on the road than off. so if i break a spider gear once out of every 3 trips... and i wheel monthly... new spiders=$30 on ebay.. yearly cost of keeping the d35???? 120 bucks a year. so how many years would it take to equal buying and installing a new axle? :shrug:

seems like your gonna do what you want to do so why bother asking for anyone elses input? O and since the super 35 comes with a locker you won't even have to buy spiders. You may feel upgrading is unecessary but I for one dont want to have to worry about my axle on the trail. I wheeled my tj with the thought in the back of my head that the 35 could go any time. Thats something that I wouldn't want to do again.

• all in all what everyone is saying is that you cannot polish a turd and the D35 is indeed a turd...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• No, what were saying is that you asked our opinion and we gave it too you. The ones that answered DO rockclimb and we assumed thats what you were looking to do. With that in mind we are telling you not to waste your money. But hey it's your money. Go ahead and burn it for all we care.

You asked and we gave our opinions. I'm not sure why you even asked since you obviously aren't going to listen. Do me a favor though, once you get your jeep all built so that it LOOKS good. Bring it on one of our rides and we'll gladly tow you home.

Good luck. :bang:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• like I said before why ask for others opinion and then be a jerk when they give them? Its not like anyone just said its junk just because. People gave you legitimate reasons as to why its not a good idea. I'll say one thing for ya. I bet you will have one great looking street queen when your done, since you seem to know everything.

• Yea so we really do just all walk around and grunt about how big our axles and all are. Thats exactly what we do. I am sure that we have never broken a D35 or D30 and we put 44s, 8.8s, 9s, and 1-tons in just for the hell of it. Maybe you should actually wheel your Jeep with some of us and then say that we do it to better the next. I know i for one wouldn't spend the 1700 it just cost me to build a new rear axle just to say hey I have a 8.8 with alloys and detroit. No, those that answered use their Jeep and have been in the same position as you and have looked at the kit at some point (well some at least). If you do not like peoples opinions and answers then quit asking. There is hundreds of years of experience on this board. You may want to listen to a few people... or at least don't take it for advantage...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!