cj front end on yj

• so i have the 84 cj7 that i love the look of but the frame needs a lot of help. i just found a 89 yj for a decent price and was wondering how hard it would be to put the cj front end and interior on the yj tub and frame. i am not afraid of fab work just wondering if its a bolt up thing or am i looking at a lot of work. i also was wondering if the Dana 300 t-case can be clocked to be left hand drop so i can use it and the t5 trans out of the cj. thanks for any info.

chip

• There are a bunch of people out there who put cj front clips on yjs. Me personally, I have never seen it done. But Da Mutt on here did his and made a custom dash... Maybe he will chim in and give ya some info... His looks nice and all of the body lines line up. Itd be the first thing i would do to a YJ if I owned one.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• It will bolt up . I have a yj tub on my cj .

85 cj7 4&quot; suspension 1&quot; body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9&quot; / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• Just keep in mind that a CJ front clip will be shorter than a YJ front clip. Your grill mount might not line up, you might have clearance issues with your fan shroud and the fan, but it wont be to hard to install. Not a direct bolt in, but shouldnt be anything major either.

• Remove the fan shroud. If your fan is close enough to the radiator (within an inch or 2) you shouldn't need it anyway.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!