beach questions

• whats the latest i could get a beach tag??

and is there a season where you can't ride on the beach?

i'd prolly like to go the second weekend in November the 10th or 11th....

• you can get the tag but it only goes from dec31 to dec 31 of the year you bought it so if you get one in november '07 you will have to buy another one in january '08 for the next year....kinda sucks they don't do it from the time of purchase. You can go on the beach all year round....sometimes they will close off some of the vehicle entrances due to weather/beach corrosion/etc.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• yea..........it would be nice if you could buy a daily pass when you go for the small remainder of the year but i dont think you can.

• LOL, we walked on once last summer to accommodate some friends w/o a tag.

I'll never do that again.

Ive done it before........halfway down i was like...ummmmm lets go back to the jeep

• last time i went i borrowed a tag... the guy just waved at me when he saw i had a tag.... that aint somethin i would do all the time but I might one more time since the tags are only good through december....

That also goes for my jet ski's i just got... when i put the tags in my name they're only good december through the following december... thats wierd... it should be a year from the time you get it...

• last time i went i borrowed a tag...

That is not a suggested practice. We've been on the beach before & watched rangers check paper work on a tag that was not property attached to the vehicle. They can ask to see your receipt, which you are supposed to keep in your vehicle, at any time.

• I also would NOT reccommend using someone elses tag.

My cousin and I put my tag on his jeep and got checked.

We played dumb and got off with the least of charges which were
    Both of us reciving a $45 dollar ticket and they took my tag.
    They also showed us where they could have written us up to
    $450 worth of charges per person. So I didn't complain about
    the $45 he gave us.

So now I have to buy new tags so I am just going to wait until
    January.

• that will happen because occasionally they will randomly ask to see the registration papers for the tag, which need to match the vehicle

• I think I'll wait till january now too.... but what if you have 2 vehicles? can you use the same tag amongst the 2? since theyre both registered to the same person?

• i did it one time this year. they charged me 10$ and im outta state. it was in my stepdad's name (diff last name) they didnt give me a whole lot of trouble, but that was in march, it might be a bit fishy doing it in november.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!