YJ Day 2

• I spent all day yesterday rippng out everything that was dry rotted and mildewed. Carpets...gone, top...gone. Even the soft top frame and windshield channel were broken...gone. I did leave the front piece of carpet, just from a practical point of view. Here it is now, looking a little more cared for.

<br>

Still working on wheels/tires, and a old AM/FM if anyone has anything...

DrJ

• Yours are the aluminum wheels, right? My preference is for OEM steel, but you never know. How much for the radio? What else do you have?

DrJ

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

From the pics, the yj looks great!
    Looks like you got a great deal.

...from the pics, yes. But, the photos don't show underneath, really rusty. I've got a rear brake line leak (or two) now that I'll try to fix this week. That'll be interesting. When I was a plumber, years ago, fixing rusty pipes was always "fun", you try to tighten one and it rings off, then the next, etc., etc. Hope this doesn't work like that. Thanks though.

DrJ

• ...anyone know a sandblaster? I'm thinking about blasting these wheels and painting them black.

And I'm thinking about a white top...retro, you know.

DrJ

• got my stock radio out of my tj and the stock speakers 20 bucks for all can get it to you next week if you want.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• o yeah if you need any help let me know

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Put them in your Jeep and call me one afternoon around lunch. I'll come get a look at them to see if they'll fit. I should be driving it all this week, it'll be in the 60's!

DrJ

• ok i will bring them down next monday for you.

• Quote from "DrJ"

Here it is now, looking a little more cared for.

DrJ

Looks good Steve, alot like mine did when I bought it. :up:

• some Wallmart steel-colored paint will make the wheels better. wire brush, and masking tape.
    But it does look good! :up:

• I like them as they are. They look better than the aluminum ones that were stock on YJs.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well if no other steel wheels surface, I think I will respray these.

How about a white top with full white soft doors? I'd love to lose the 1/2 steel doors.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!