transfer case input...

• can i just cvhange the input shaft on the np231 to 23 spline? and if i do, will i have to buy a new sye for the main shaft and whatnot?? or maybe just swapping outputs on the tranny would be easier. what r your thoughts??? much appreciated.

• i changed the input shaft out of my old np 231 that was on my yj into a new np 231j tj style they were both the three gear planetary type so it was really simple to do. just make sure you have a good pair of snap ring pliers.

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• they were different i never even counted them tho

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• The input gear and the SYE are completly seperate. One does not affect the other so you can just swap out the input.

Aaron

• sweet. thanks aaron. what i needed to know before i tear it apart again.
    chris, let me know about that input.... if u still have the old one. :help:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!