Blast From The Past

• Found these in my "archives".

First canal clean up I did, ScramblinJim and Sara on the left. Man, that seems like forever ago.

Early meeting, I think this was Steve's first one after his accident.

My first GWNF trip, and one of my favorites I think. Little Eddie was hilarious.

Hill leading down to Rubicon Lake at what's now just memories. Glad I had the chance.

• One of my favorite stories at Rubicon lake was when I was riding shot gun with Orange Crush. It was winter time and he didn't have a top. We were climbing out one of the steep inclines that had loose dirt footing. The top was the trail that went along the ridge of the hill. The other side was a drop off so when you got to the top you had to hang a hard left or right or you'd go over the other side. We made it all the way to the top and just as we crested the top, one front tire in the air a few feet and the opposite side rear tire began lifting up, the engine stalled! We were teetering on the two wheels touching the ground. That was a high pucker moment. He didn't have a cage. Tom looked at me and said, "You'd better get out." As I jumped out my feet slipped on the loose dirt/stones and slid under his Jeep.

He backed down a few feet and got up it the next try.

MEMORIES!!!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• my memory from rubicon lake was mine and melissas first trip to paragon and the ground was snow covered and on the same section where the drop off was I started to slide down the embankment :o You should have seen melissas face ;D

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Wow! I haven't stopped by the site in forever-and Im mentioned on one of the first five posts that I read, along with a picture! I feel all warm and fuzzy!

• my memory from rubicon lake was mine and melissas first trip to paragon and the ground was snow covered and on the same section where the drop off was I started to slide down the embankment :o You should have seen melissas face ;D

I remember watching that from down at the lake. Someone in front of you put a strap on you as did someone from the rear. Then they pulled in opposite directions and popped you right back up on the hill. That was one of my favorite rides. Everything is SOOOOO much harder with 10"s of snow on the trail.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I rember the first clean up. i rember dragging the concrete chunk out of the woods with chucks winch and dragging it all the way to the dumpster.

I am torn between the Steve benifit ride (my first time to Paragon) or the time i went with andrew, ian, paul, and i think someone else. "something is leaking out of your front diff. wait, now something is leaking out of your rear diff!"

everytime was a great time so its hard to pick one.

• Here's who I know:

1. Chris
    2. unknown
    3. Andrew
    4. Paul
    5. Chris
    6. Patti
    7. Joe
    8. Matt
    9. Rob
    10. Keith
    11. unknown
    12. Chuck
    13. Cjay
    14. Jenn
    15. Brian
    16. John
    17. Joe
    18. Nicky
    19. Jim
    20. unknown
    21. Tom
    22. unknown
    23. Chris
    24. Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!