SUspension lift components

• Anyone have any experience with Full Traction lift kits? They have a 4" that is pretty competitively priced against the RE 3.5 super flex. The full traction is a little more but it comes with the front track bar.

• Anyone have any experience with Full Traction lift kits? They have a 4" that is pretty competitively priced against the RE 3.5 super flex. The full traction is a little more but it comes with the front track bar.

PM BlueJ...I know he is/was running a fulltraction lift and had some issues.

--Ian

• Full Tractions customer service is the worst in the industry. But I haven't heard anything bad about their suspension components. The RE kit also includes front brakelines, I don't think that Full Traction does.

FWIW, I'd suggest piecing together the kit to get the best components from the various manufacturers. Like OME shock and springs (yes, they have 4" springs), but RE arms and JKS disconnects.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• For the realatively simple minded, what am I missing from this list if I decide to piece something together myself. Also, any suggestions on quality brands would be appreciated. Remember this is a daily driver..........

Springs - OME ($69 each from rockyroad4x4)
    Shocks - OME ($78 each from rockyroad4x4)
    Brake lines - (does brand really matter?)
    Lower Control Arms - RE I guess
    Front Track Bar - RE
    Rear Track Bar or relocation bracket - Guessing the replacement bar is better than the bracket -
    Bump stops - ??????????
    Drop Pitman Arm - ??
    SYE/Drive Shaft - Northridge has as an add on to the kits right on thier web site. If I'm looking independantly, what do I need as far as make and model go? I have a 04 TJ, 6cyl auto.
    Disconnects - I have JKS discos on now, do I need new ones if I move from my 2.5 OME lift to a 3.5 or 4"?

Also, anyone know anything about rockyroad4x4 shocks? They have a kit ( http://www.rocky-road.com/tjtrailblazer.html) with adj, front/rear track bars, Rocky Road Shocks, OME 4" springs for $599. Then I just need lower control arms/brake lines/drop pitman arm right?

• I'd probably do a rear trackbar bracket, myself... they don't need to move as far to correct that.

Tom Woods driveshafts are the standard for offroad shafts, I think there may be some stronger ones out there, but Toms Woods shafts are the standard. Check out 52301.904 on Quadratec, for D35 axles. For the SYE, either Advance Adapters or Rugged Ridge. Rugged Ridge is cheaper (52237.98).

You may not need the drop pitman arm, but if you do, a lot of shops make them. Or you can pick up an XJ pitman arm, they already have a drop to them.

Disconnects, depends on which ones you have... they have a set that is designed for 0-2" and a different set designed for 2.5-6".

The Redrock kit is cool, but you should be able to get the parts separately for a lot less. For 3 grand, you should just get a long-arm kit, the ride will be better.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Talk to Billy (Knoxrents), he runs Full traction with the tri-link.
    Does well off road and he tells me it does well on road too.

As far as shocks go....
    Dont skip on them if it is for your daily driver.
    Cant go wrong with Bilsteins, but they are top dollar.
    OME are good too

• I know its a little bit more money but check out the JB Conversions super short SYE. its like $300 but its the shortest one available and that way you can do more upgrades in the future. It will also help a great deal with your Belly-Up skid. Check it out though. I just put it on mine and I LOVE it.

J

• Been running the 3" full traction lift for over 2 years, never had a bit of problems.comes with everything. except shocks. last summer I bought a set of mono tube shocks. I have install this kit on 4 other Jeeps and continue to recommend it. David at Northridge 4x4 is the guy to call about this lift and he backs up the product. can't beat that value.We are all on a budget so after the lift is installed save for some JKS quicker disconnects if you plan to do any type of offroading. and the best part of this lift it has a great ride quality even when i had rancho shock on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!