'04 TJ stereo issue

• A buddy of mine changed out his factory stereo to a Sony Xplod head unit. He did the work himself and now there's a strange problem. When he's listening to the radio, everything is fine, but when he hooks up his ipod using the front aux input or plays a cd, the subwoofer doesn't work, causing the music to sound like crap. Any suggestions?

• i picked an Xplode head unit at random from sony's website. they show the aux input working great for most MP3 units...but an adapter is required when using an ipod. maybe that has something to do with it. do you have another mp3 player you can try instead of the ipod?

• A buddy of mine changed out his factory stereo to a Sony Xplod head unit. He did the work himself and now there's a strange problem. When he's listening to the radio, everything is fine, but when he hooks up his ipod using the front aux input or plays a cd, the subwoofer doesn't work, causing the music to sound like crap. Any suggestions?

I KNOW WHY I KNOW WHY, BECAUSE HE HOOKED THE AMP TURN ON LEAD TO THE POWER ANTENNA WIRE AND THAT WIRE IS ONLY ACTIVE WHEN THE RADIO IS ON HENSE DOESNT WORK WITH CD OR AUX.

• i picked an Xplode head unit at random from sony's website. they show the aux input working great for most MP3 units...but an adapter is required when using an ipod. maybe that has something to do with it. do you have another mp3 player you can try instead of the ipod?

That is usually only to "control" the Ipod thru the deck. you can play any MP3 player thru a deck using rca to headphone jack plug or the headphone jack plug cable to headphone jack cable.

• I KNOW WHY I KNOW WHY, BECAUSE HE HOOKED THE AMP TURN ON LEAD TO THE POWER ANTENNA WIRE AND THAT WIRE IS ONLY ACTIVE WHEN THE RADIO IS ON HENSE DOESNT WORK WITH CD OR AUX.

Wow, that makes sense. what Jeep has a power antenna thou?

• I do recall talking to the local audio shop about a problem with the 100 series radios not working with the factory sub without special wiring, but haven't heard anything about the other models. What radio does he have?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yeah, thanks for the input. We called Sony and spoke to a very sexy, foreign accented Eve who suggested switching the solid blue wire with the white and blue wire. All is well in all playing modes. Thanks for the input, it def got us started on the right path.

• Wow, that makes sense. what Jeep has a power antenna thou?

dont WJs and some chrysler cars, i know the Jeep wrangler tj uses the same as dodge trucks and crysler cars wiring harness and radios.

worst case you can put a jumper in at the radio turn on lead and attach it to the amp lead for oe sub.

• Yeah, thanks for the input. We called Sony and spoke to a very sexy, foreign accented Eve who suggested switching the solid blue wire with the white and blue wire. All is well in all playing modes. Thanks for the input, it def got us started on the right path.

:laughing: :laughing: sometimes i get one of them kind that sound TOO HOT to be answering phones for a living... then after an hour you notice that you been just draggin on the conversation after shes answered your question... LOL... but then ,after your stuck on a boat for a while ..any chick sounds hot on the phone... :laughing: :laughing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!