yj clutch issue...

• i am lost... ax-15 tranny being an a-hole to shift. anything to check off hand?? internal slave, bled fine.. brand new clutch and pressure plate, new slave and master cyl... almost acts like the clutch isn't engaging. but will sit still in gear with the clutch depressed. not grinding... just wont go in gear sometimes, and wont downshift. if i get moving, it will up shift with no problems... 2nd transmission under there, so i doubt its the tranny now. :shrug:

• If the nut on the transmission output shaft is loose it can allow slop in the gear train (front to back) in the tranny making it harder shift into gear.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Just put a Small Block in it with a 4 speed and be done with it.

:cuss:

If the nut on the transmission output shaft is loose it can allow slop in the gear train (front to back) in the tranny making it harder shift into gear.

be tough to be a loose nut on both tranny's... but maybe this weekend i will drop the t/c AGAIN and check it. thanks slimer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!